Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem, I think, is that the rest of the board is either poor or anonymous.

You wouldn’t expect the ex-player club legend on the board to bear any of the weight of real decision making. Especially on football matters, given his very unspectacular managerial career.

Of course, that raises the question “why is he on the board?” - but I think having him as a symbolic figurehead would be fine, if the rest of the board were competent and performing.

Because they aren’t, and because there is the whiff of cushy jobs for the boys at EFC, eyes are on him.

His comments also further suggest to me he’s not qualified for the position. They were tone-deaf to the current situation.

But I don’t bear the man any ill will. He is a club legend, he’s just been promoted beyond his capability.
Yeah he is doing a job that isn't for him, under an owner who is a human wrecking ball.
He would if been better on the coaching staff

The problem, I think, is that the rest of the board is either poor or anonymous.

You wouldn’t expect the ex-player club legend on the board to bear any of the weight of real decision making. Especially on football matters, given his very unspectacular managerial career.

Of course, that raises the question “why is he on the board?” - but I think having him as a symbolic figurehead would be fine, if the rest of the board were competent and performing.

Because they aren’t, and because there is the whiff of cushy jobs for the boys at EFC, eyes are on him.

His comments also further suggest to me he’s not qualified for the position. They were tone-deaf to the current situation.

But I don’t bear the man any ill will. He is a club legend, he’s just been promoted beyond his capability.
Must of been part of statements released last week with a pack of lie's.again yesterday personally having a pop he's finished and he knows it

All he had to do was resign, a laughably easy thing to do considering he's a non-executive and has very little to do with the actual running of the club. He's just confirmed to everyone that he is part of the problem, a small cartel of bootlickers propping up the ego of one man.

No accountability. No competence. No shame.
Thought his role to enhance footballing decisions that had strategic benefit to all things Everton. Mmmm!

Thought his role to enhance footballing decisions that had strategic benefit to all things Everton. Mmmm!
I believe he was also supposed to act as some sort of conduit between Boardroom and fanbase.

Literally everybody saw this coming when he was appointed to the Board. Sooner or later he was going to have to choose between us and 'them' and he's chosen very, very wrong.

Yeah he is doing a job that isn't for him, under an owner who is a human wrecking ball.
He would if been better on the coaching staff
I’d have been delighted for him not to have been there , this ‘toxicity ‘ as the media constantly describes it infects plenty of people . Despite the events of the last week Fan engagement seemed to be something he was doing ok at , anything but this to be honest .

I’m not particularly comfortable with it but people are angry and it’s not a physical treat it’s , as described , stick . Maybe if the board he’s on hadn’t presided over the collapse of this club then demonised the people who love it people would be less angry .
He's a non-executive director. The most he can do is give advice, he holds no responsibility for daily operations.

COYB!

John.

He's a non-executive director. The most he can do is not release statements like this rubbishing a fan base that worships him and perpetuating lies and half truths

COYB!

John.

Fixed it for you

“I don’t want to miss games Everton is in my blood . Of course fans can have their stay and I understand their frustrations, but some of the protests have gone over the top . For instance, no one works harder than Denise . In addition to her day to day running of the club , she is Also working tirelessly on the stadium. For her to be targeted Is unfair . The club is in turmoil, it needs everyone working hard for the cause , supporters included . Surely no one wants to see scenes again where players have their cars kicked . “

Harry

COYB

Fixed it for you

“I don’t want to miss games Everton is in my blood . Of course fans can have their stay and I understand their frustrations, but some of the protests have gone over the top . For instance, no one works harder than Denise . In addition to her day to day running of the club , she is Also working tirelessly on the stadium. For her to be targeted Is unfair . The club is in turmoil, it needs everyone working hard for the cause , supporters included . Surely no one wants to see scenes again where players have their cars kicked . “

Harry

COYB
If you're going to quote me then you should at least have the decency to not change what was written.

COYB!

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.