Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It was a sad day for the club,” Sharp admitted, still struggling to come to terms with effectively being banned from watching a side in which he is second only to Dixie Dean as Everton's all-time leading scorer.
“It's still uncertain whether we will get the go-ahead to attend the next home game against Arsenal on February 4. No one could ever have envisaged things getting to this state where you are actually in physical danger.
“I don't want to miss games, Everton is in my blood. Of course, fans can have their say and I can understand the frustrations, but some of the protests have gone over the top.

“For instance, no one works harder than Denise. In addition to the day-to-day running of the club, she is also working tirelessly on the new stadium. For her to be targeted is so unfair.”

What a knobhead this guy is though. Acting like he's barred from entering Goodison. Its really not that complicated Graeme you bellend, if you're that desperate to get the match and not have mean things shouted at you by the nasty old fans then just resign from the board. Just step away from the gravy train and buy your own ticket for the match like the rest of us peasants. Nobody will say a word to you then.

This

I've said on other posts, I think being in the ground is probably the safest place. It's so hammy. You'd almost think there was a theatrical element here.

“It was a sad day for the club,” Sharp admitted, still struggling to come to terms with effectively being banned from watching a side in which he is second only to Dixie Dean as Everton's all-time leading scorer.
“It's still uncertain whether we will get the go-ahead to attend the next home game against Arsenal on February 4. No one could ever have envisaged things getting to this state where you are actually in physical danger.
“I don't want to miss games, Everton is in my blood. Of course, fans can have their say and I can understand the frustrations, but some of the protests have gone over the top.

“For instance, no one works harder than Denise. In addition to the day-to-day running of the club, she is also working tirelessly on the new stadium. For her to be targeted is so unfair.”
It's such a crazy thing to say yanno. None of the protests have gone over the top, nobody has targeted Denise specifically. Incredible gas lighting.

Thank you. I’ll defend him forever, because his generation is the club for me. None have come close since.

I want to have his ilk on the board, together with effective operations managers, Finance directors and commercial managers etc. Ex players who were part of the most successful team we ever Galahad must be welcomed. If there isn’t a place somewhere for them, then what is the club?

If you deny the history, then we’re nothing. No trophies for twenty seven years. None of the previous success matters. We’re nothing.
I assume that that is some type of autocorrect issue but how random!

You're literally talking out of your backside mad. You have no idea what gets said in the boardroom, what Sharp's role entails or what he gets paid.

As a kid he was a hero. Of course he's not perfect. Nobody is. Your life must be pretty harsh to carry around such opinions.

Give your head a wobble, have a cup of tea and a kit kat and treat yourself to a nice bath with plenty of radox. Sleep tight and tomorrow the world will feel better.
My idea of heaven.

W
1*AG6upHhkhFtINoAlRVByZg.webp
Would be better if the W was higher up but I like that,

Fixed it for you

“I don’t want to miss games Everton is in my blood . Of course fans can have their stay and I understand their frustrations, but some of the protests have gone over the top . For instance, no one works harder than Denise . In addition to her day to day running of the club , she is Also working tirelessly on the stadium. For her to be targeted Is unfair . The club is in turmoil, it needs everyone working hard for the cause , supporters included . Surely no one wants to see scenes again where players have their cars kicked . “

Harry

COYB!
You missed the exclamation mark.

Good point. Just trying to research the quote when Dixie trashed the fanbase. Be back with you in a billion years.
Exactly.

All the hand wringing over Sharp blows my mind. "He's in a difficult position" etc.

Ne nailed his colours to the mast after the last protests over 10 years ago.

He's been the Chairs favourite puppy since then. For the board to promote him as a non-exec is pathetic. The whole point of a non-exec is they have NO or very little prior relationship with the business. They have fresh, honest eyes on the behalf of the shareholders.

Here's a list of 9 traits that make a great non-exec I just pulled from Google.

He qualifies in NONE of the listed qualities. It was typical of Kenwright.

"Get Sharpy on board, the fans will love that!“

1. Educated

A non-executive director is not a decorative ornament; they play a vital role in governance. A successful non-executive director understands good corporate governance and challenges poor decisions.

2. Fearless

Non-executive directors are fearless; they cannot feign ignorance of the company’s operations as they must sound alarm bells when necessary.

3. Independent

A non-executive director should be independent of management and not have a relationship with the business that could interfere with their duty to act in the company’s best interests.

4. Financially literate

Non-executive directors must ensure the integrity of published financials and oversight of non-financial issues relating to the environment, governance and corporate social responsibility. A qualification in corporate governance is desirable.

5. Vocal

Non-executive directors are not acting in the “best interests” of the company they serve if they are silent about breaches of regulations and questionable management practices. Great non-executives speak out constructively.

6. Challenging

Non-executive directors are expected to speak up if their company’s board is compromising on ethical issues.

7. Audit savvy

Non-executive directors should constitute a majority in the audit committee of the board. It is also useful if the committee has a practical internal audit function which reports directly to it.

8. Strategic

Non-executive directors should provide objective and independent advice to the board to enable it to make better decisions in all shareholders and stakeholders’ interest.

9. A catalyst for change

When appropriate, a non-executive director should act as a catalyst for change and challenge the status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.