Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.

Everything is symptomatic of modern day society when we want instant results and need to blame anyone when we don't get it.

the whole club is broken. and I can't see how it can be fixed (in the short term).
Thank you. I’ll defend him forever, because his generation is the club for me. None have come close since.

I want to have his ilk on the board, together with effective operations managers, Finance directors and commercial managers etc. Ex players who were part of the most successful team we ever Galahad must be welcomed. If there isn’t a place somewhere for them, then what is the club?

If you deny the history, then we’re nothing. No trophies for twenty seven years. None of the previous success matters. We’re nothing.

To be fair to him, the times I've heard him doing comms on the OS' streamed audio for games (which I haven't listened to for quite a while), he's been pretty harsh so I don't know if he'd tow any lines...maybe that's why he was put on the board, to shut/soften him up. I can't imagine he's ok with what he's been seeing on the pitch. Almost feels like he might be a victim of collateral damage.
I’ve seen him at a lot of dinners and he’s never once been critical of the Board , ownership or direction of the club . Other members of the 80’s side have been he’s been noticeably silent on those subjects including before he went to the boardroom

I’ve seen him at a lot of dinners and he’s never once been critical of the Board , ownership or direction of the club . Other members of the 80’s side have been he’s been noticeably silent on those subjects including before he went to the boardroom

Ok, just going by what I've heard out of him on match comms...that's all I have to go off, unfortunately.

I’ve lost a few jobs instead off eating [Poor language removed],rather keep my pride.

You're literally talking out of your backside mad. You have no idea what gets said in the boardroom, what Sharp's role entails or what he gets paid.

As a kid he was a hero. Of course he's not perfect. Nobody is. Your life must be pretty harsh to carry around such opinions.

Give your head a wobble, have a cup of tea and a kit kat and treat yourself to a nice bath with plenty of radox. Sleep tight and tomorrow the world will feel better.

I honestly respect your view , I haven’t enjoyed some of his comments in the past but I can see past them but his failure to attend at the weekend and the silence that followed hurts . It hurts because I don’t want to stop feeling like I did about him and when I see him tied to those damaging my club and slandering the fans it’s hard .

There is all kinds of stuff being thrown around at the minute and I honestly don’t feel we’re a million miles apart in our views . The least we can do is respectfully discuss it .
We can discuss it, but my view is Sharp is high profile but low influence

Save your bile for Kenwright and Moshiri. Moshiri was clearly arrogant in his management of the club and his price for that will be losing a huge part for his fortune. His judgement is repeatedly wrong on football matters and he will pay a very high price. I don’t believe he will be the owner who leads us out of the championship.

Kenwright should have moved on a long time ago. He failed to secure investment when all around us managed to as the premier league expanded. Everton lagged behind under his leadership and the longer it went on, the more it has happened.

Notable ex players get elevated to boards mainly as an honour. As a non executive position it’s mainly ceremonial, If we can’t honour Sharp it’s a real shame. He’s not to blame for the current mess.

He is occupying a sort of fan on the board role. How on earth are people turning on him.

The managerial choices are Moshiri, the DoF appointment is Moshiri. He is not to blame, but may be part of the solution.

His job is oversight. There appears to be none, or what little there is, is inadequate. He deserves his fair share of blame.

Serving on a board is very difficult. I’ve done so with my church. You have to balance financial concerns against less tangible but usually more important “mission” of the organization. People of principle and even lifelong friends can vehemently disagree in good faith about the means and ends of the institution. But that’s as it needs to be. You’re not there to nod agreement if alarms need to be rung. You’re there to assess snd to make demands and decisions. It can require a lot of courage to speak out strongly.

The reason why a board is numerous is to enable multiple perspectives. One problem is we simply don’t have enough directors. If he’s one of only - four, is it?- and he’s just not saying or doing anything, then yes he is at fault, either for failing to see the obvious, or for failing to do something about it.

Know him personally. Rest assured that he’s one of us. Despite his position, he’s hating this as much as every one of us is. Can’t spill the beans for obvious reasons. He is no one’s lapdog. The truth will one day happen.
Surley he has enough £ to walk away from the job?why give your self and familly the stress

They’re just not though are they, they never will be. Perhaps it’s the likes of you that leads to him getting advice to stay away from the game.

200w.gif

Know him personally. Rest assured that he’s one of us. Despite his position, he’s hating this as much as every one of us is. Can’t spill the beans for obvious reasons. He is no one’s lapdog. The truth will one day happen.
I’m sure you’re right. The club is owned and run by Moshiri. I doubt there is anything a non exec director can do other than observe.

I note that other prominent ex players who are now nothing to do with the club have been banished from Goodison for relatively minor public comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.