Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group D: Poland, Netherlands, Austria, France

Status
Not open for further replies.
On US commentary Clattenburg (yeah, I know but still) said that because the assistant ref had flagged it as an offside/interfering with play the criteria was “clear and obvious error” that would have been required to overturn the on pitch decision.

This is what's frustrating me with the BBC here, VAR didn't rule it out.

I'm the first to admit I'm probably biased as hell but for me that was a goal. Dumfries doesnt do anything there and everything is happening way too fast for Maignan to react (which he doesnt). And why does it have to take so long yo reach a decision?!?!?!

Having said that our performance was below par, even considering it was France we played. Our midfield non-existent and our attackers were terrible at holding the ball. France missed a couple of sitters so quite lucky.

All in all happy with a point which means we qualified for the knockout stages. I wish we had Frenkie de Jong available though 😞

That weird handball in the Belgium game and this offside but not offside but obstructing the goalie from VAR are bad decisions but overall the tournament has been pretty good

The one good thing about the Euros was the speed of the VAR decisions....................until they let the English officials in, that is! What a bunch of doddering, spineless farts. Yes, i can see that it's a subjective decision and you're never going to please everyone with your opinion - let's face it, when would that ever happen? But try and make the decision sometime today. I don't often agree with Jermaine Jenas but, it's either 'clear and obvious' (and consequently takes seconds to see) or it isn't? I'd sack the lot of 'em and tell them why - 'it's because none of you have any b****cks!'

Taylor is the present day Clive Thomas, its got to be about him. On what planet did he think he made the right call when those clowns on VAR took an age to make a decision. Corrupt as f....

If a player is on the pitch he is subjectively affecting the game. It is the sort of jokey way that offsides have been looked at over the past few years, with phases of play and all that crap.

For me, it is irrelevant whether people think he wouldn't have dived. The player was clearly in a position on the pitch that could easily be deemed as affecting the keepers decision making process. Therefore interfering directly with the play.

Correct decision, in my opinion.

If a player is on the pitch he is subjectively affecting the game. It is the sort of jokey way that offsides have been looked at over the past few years, with phases of play and all that crap.

For me, it is irrelevant whether people think he wouldn't have dived. The player was clearly in a position on the pitch that could easily be deemed as affecting the keepers decision making process. Therefore interfering directly with the play.

Correct decision, in my opinion.
Yeah, not a nice decision to be on the receiving end of but can see the logic.

Especially as Netherlands have been the beneficiary of the same type of call in a recent World cup - you win some, you lose some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back