• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group F: Turkey, Georgia, Portugal, Czech Republic

Mate, tell me how far either of these teams are going in this tournament. I saw sloppy and unprofessional play from both teams that will clearly get ruthlessly punished by any of the big guns
Undoubtedly both sides will be eliminated quickly. But that was a cracking match today with some moments of outrageous technical brilliance and a frenzy of excitement. In entertainment terms, it was a corker. Will it become a central match in the story of this tournament, no. But it was wonderful for what it was.

Switch to iPlayer to watch with 5 live commentary instead of listening to that screeching woman.
I've yet to hear a female commentator I liked. But as there are so many male commentators who, frankly, are not up to the job, I can't say I'm against women getting these gigs. There are too many bad men to make that a reasonable course of action.

I've yet to hear a female commentator I liked. But as there are so many male commentators who, frankly, are not up to the job, I can't say I'm against women getting these gigs. There are too many bad men to make that a reasonable course of action.
Think it's just the level of punditry/commentating that make it cringeworthy, for both the lads and the lasses.

Strange rebranding exercise to rename ‘Czech Republic’ to ‘Chechnya’ 🤡
I am old enough to have called them Czechoslovakia and then the Czech Republic, and now they want to be called Czechia. Well, the hillbillies want to be called the Children of the Sun, and that's not happening either.

Make your minds up!

I am old enough to have called them Czechoslovakia and then the Czech Republic, and now they want to be called Czechia. Well, the hillbillies want to be called the Children of the Sun, and that's not happening either.

Make your minds up!
Personally I think they should go for Bohemia, it sounds cooler.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back