Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few pundits on TV last night giving their opinion (FWIW) and the consensus being a very good player who will improve the first XI, with one or two reservations on where he fits in and is a bit "samey" as we already have.

He adds balance the the left side of the team for me and that was something that was glaringly missing in the first half against Stoke.

Baines will now go back into left back IMO and I reckon Koeman will do away with 3-5-2.

We need another centre half and striker next which is something we all know. This will free up Rooney to come deeper as he did and maybe rotate with Klaassen and play behind the 2 strikers.

We will finally have a deeper squad once we get those in and will be able to rotate in midfield as we have a bit of depth in there now as Davies is becoming increasingly hard to leave out, Gana can't be left out so for me based on the first 3 competitive games of the season it is Schneiderlin who will need to up his game.

Once we have another striker in, I think this is where we see what Koeman is all about.

Few pundits on TV last night giving their opinion (FWIW) and the consensus being a very good player who will improve the first XI, with one or two reservations on where he fits in and is a bit "samey" as we already have.

He adds balance the the left side of the team for me and that was something that was glaringly missing in the first half against Stoke.

Baines will now go back into left back IMO and I reckon Koeman will do away with 3-5-2.

We need another centre half and striker next which is something we all know. This will free up Rooney to come deeper as he did and maybe rotate with Klaassen and play behind the 2 strikers.

We will finally have a deeper squad once we get those in and will be able to rotate in midfield as we have a bit of depth in there now as Davies is becoming increasingly hard to leave out, Gana can't be left out so for me based on the first 3 competitive games of the season it is Schneiderlin who will need to up his game.

Once we have another striker in, I think this is where we see what Koeman is all about.

I think that sums up what we have now, pure depth. Players need to be on top form because they will be left out, he's not shy to mince his words if a player doesn't play how he's expected then he'll get canned

Sigurdsson was really good on the left of a front three for Swansea last season. I think he gives us the intelligence on that side that Baines might thrive with, plus the option of playing as a number 10

My concern with him playing on the left is that if Rooney is playing on the right in that free role we've seen at the same time and we have a target man (whoever that might be) in the middle, we are going to have one of the slowest attacks in the whole league.

Regardless, to get the best out of Sigurdsson now we need that striker. A focal point who can make the most of his delivery.

How does any of what the guy said say we aren't rich? Clearly just says the problem was how we wanted to stage payments not how much we were paying.

If you agree the fee, surely you just dump the cash to them rather than buy now, pay later style arrangements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back