Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to our attack being slow, it's a valid concern if we play all of Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson as the 3 behind the striker. However, I'm hoping it'll be more like Sigurdsson on the left, shoe in. Rooney or Klaassen behind the striker. Sandro/Lookman/Bolasie to add some pace on the right. That's a nice balance.

With regards to our attack being slow, it's a valid concern if we play all of Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson as the 3 behind the striker. However, I'm hoping it'll be more like Sigurdsson on the left, shoe in. Rooney or Klaassen behind the striker. Sandro/Lookman/Bolasie to add some pace on the right. That's a nice balance.
Davies to start ahead of all of them three, for me.

Can't see us playing that way. It's more 4-3-3 now days and two of the 3 in midfield for sure is gueye and morgs.

Pickford

Coleman* - Keane - Jags - Baines

Davies - Gana

Klaassen

Rooney - Sigurdsson

Sandro

* Obviously when he's back, until then probs Martina. With the likes of Mirallas, Lookman, Morgan, Besic and Bolasie* to come off the bench we're starting to look like we have options.

Last edited:
Pickford

Coleman* - Keane - Jags - Baines

Davies - Gana

Klaassen

Rooney - Sigurdsson

Sandro

* Obviously when he's back, until then probs Martina. With the likes of Mirallas, Lookman, Besic and Bolasie* to come off the bench we're starting to look like we have options.

Illustrates the biggest weakness is the left side of the defence still. Every player is 30+ years old including Williams :/

Tom is the first centre mid on the team sheet for me, probably alongside Gana. Wouldn't play him more advanced, he should be our box to box mid, playing those cheeky through balls.

Disagree, Schneiderlin is our first choice CM. Gana second, and Davies and Klassen battling for the 3rd spot, not necessarily a #10 but the link man.

If you agree the fee, surely you just dump the cash to them rather than buy now, pay later style arrangements?

No; and it's not exactly by now pay later. Around 80% of the fee has been and the rest will be in performance related adding; the same as Lukaku.

If the performance related targets aren't met then it's an indication that the deal hasn't quite worked out and you are protecting yourself against further expenditure.

So what we saying when all fit then? This?

Pickford

Coleman - Jags - Michael Vincent Keane - Baines

-Gueye - Schneido-

-Klaassen-

-Siggo - Rooney-

-Sandro-

Davies can come in for Klaassen and Kev/Lookam for Rooney when needed, once Coleman is back he gives us more pace bombing up and down that side too which we've done for time now anyway. Let's be cheerful lads because that's decent side. However, I do understand concerns about similarities between the forward players, lack of that focal point (big CF) and how Coleman will be coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back