Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siguardsson is over priced but a quality player. We as a club at present have to pay a premium to entice better players here. Yes there is no sell on value, however I think this needs to be balanced with the outlay on Pickford, Keane, Gana and Sandro who all have the potential to significantly increase their value. I'm delighted with this signing and I haven't seen one football pundit who doesn't rate the lad highly. Now onto a proper centre forward and left sided centre back please.

Forget the pundits - davek has already labelled this a waste of money, and everyone knows he is an expert.

Didn't LCFC bid 40M on Sigurdsson? The market is what it is. I HOPE we end up selling Siggy one day for nothing after he's killed it for us for 6-7 years. That sounds great.

He's the only guy we've bought that isn't going to likely increase in value this window. Once this deal is done, the carpet bagger and club will have a net spend of like 50M with still buying a CF and CB/LB.

The same carpet bagged that's put in beyond the 80M he put in to pay down debt last year.

We've somehow managed to move most of the deadwood off the books from the previous manager who racked up a massive wage bill while the club finished 11th back to back years.

It will take time for these guys to gel and while we haven't looked great so far, we've not lost yet.

So yeah, what are we complaining about?

It's on my iPhone mate.
android-eating-apple-100449710-primary.idge.png

Yes he is overpriced but when you consider the money that City have spent on full backs this summer and then realise we have one of the best attacking midfielders of the last few seasons who won't take much bedding in as he knows the league then we have a good deal here. Can't see what anyone has to complain about over this deal really, not our money is it.

The next two league games, four, in fact, were going to be difficult in any circumstance. We haven't played well
in any of out three competitive games, but we won't always play poorly.

Those games will not define our season and I expect Everton to get better, soon.

Sigurdsson, Rooney, Sandro and Baines who can all hit a decent free kick and penalty. Looking forward to see Sigs first one hit the back of the net.

Didn't LCFC bid 40M on Sigurdsson? The market is what it is. I HOPE we end up selling Siggy one day for nothing after he's killed it for us for 6-7 years. That sounds great.

He's the only guy we've bought that isn't going to likely increase in value this window. Once this deal is done, the carpet bagger and club will have a net spend of like 50M with still buying a CF and CB/LB.

The same carpet bagged that's put in beyond the 80M he put in to pay down debt last year.

We've somehow managed to move most of the deadwood off the books from the previous manager who racked up a massive wage bill while the club finished 11th back to back years.

It will take time for these guys to gel and while we haven't looked great so far, we've not lost yet.

So yeah, what are we complaining about?
I might well be wrong, but I don't think the owner of a football club can just 'pay off' the clubs debts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back