Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "it's because he's injured" and "he's screwing us to leave on a free because no one wants him" argument is going to break this forum.

Bring out your dead.
My sentiments exactly but much more eloquently put than I could ever manage.
We were not going to sell cheap , no one would spend big so he stays.
Must be great for Ross's who to know that no one was prepared to pay the asking price.
Spurs tapping up to hopefully get him cheap.
However he may still be sold to Newcastle or West Ham

android-eating-apple-100449710-primary.idge.png
Your Android appears to be laggy and has froze..

Surely not!! ;)

Technically Rom is not good enough to play outside England , even the most biased supporter would agree with this.
Not one top European club were linked with him ( Juve were briefly ) so selling abroad wasn't an option unless we were prepared to take a major hit.
City Chelsea and United are the only 3 in England who could afford him
Technically he's not good enough for Pep plus he has Aguero who is arguably a better striker and offers more in his all round game plus Jesus.
So only Chelsea and United were options

I think you missed my point mate, why passively sell him to a team who are going to compete with and generally why sell your highest quality player.

I really dont accept he wanted therefore he should go argument.

Loosing him weakens us and makes a closer rival stronger, if as i said Utd finish ahead of us then we have ourselves and our decision making process to blame.

It stinks of a lack of ambition.

Same as Ross.

Very few if any clubs keep players who want to go
It's all about player power
No one else wanted / could afford Rom so he was always going to United /Chelsea
If rumours of Uniteds interest in Morata are true then he was Uniteds second choice.

I think you missed my point mate, why passively sell him to a team who are going to compete with and generally why sell your highest quality player.

I really dont accept he wanted therefore he should go argument.

Loosing him weakens us and makes a closer rival stronger, if as i said Utd finish ahead of us then we have ourselves and our decision making process to blame.

It stinks of a lack of ambition.

Same as Ross.

But United finished above us WITH Lukaku :oops::oops::oops:

This. To be honest I started to humour him a while ago (since it seems he'll be sticking around for now until he's eventually perma'd) since he's clearly not a blue. No blue would ever consistently will us to lose football matches like he does.

I used to find him slightly amusing and just saw him as an uber-negative contrarian.

But look at his posts on non-Everton stuff. He spent all of last week in the World Champs Athletics thread slating Mo Farah and UK Athletics. He never, ever acknowledges achievement or anything positive.

Back on topic, I'm intrigued to see how our new system develops with Sig and our other new signings, because it will be a big departure from recent seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back