2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the nature of GOT. Even @GrandOldTeam acknowledges it.

Record transfer fees are a festering wound that some supporters will never be able to get past. We celebrate bargain shopping usually (there are exceptions). We slate record signings.

Could've bought a striker with the money.

Siggurdson was a luxury buy we'd actually be okay without.

Just remember Koeman was gonna make an expensive collection of slow players reaching or hitting 30 years old - Gana, Siggurdson, Giroud.

Thank god his stat magic is over, two 8s and a 6 should be the model. Walcott and Dcl can counter, not thinking highly of abillity just talking style wise, bernard and gomes have enough creativity to make siggy luxury. Tom davies, if nothing, offers agression along side gana. I like the team and style, just need few upgrades.

You want two people to wear squad number 8 shirts?

I remember Mourinho talking about Ozil and saying something along the lines of “you think a beautiful pass and playing at 50% is enough?”. Reminds me a bit of Sigurdsson. I can’t fault his effort (you certainly can with Ozil) but he will produce a nice pass but not contribute to the game in any other way

I was in for the warm up and the subs were doing a one touch trick and I was disappointed that GS wasn't joining in and looked visably P'eed off. For me he has a lot of talent but he needs to step up and get back in the team himself

It's the nature of GOT. Even @GrandOldTeam acknowledges it.

Record transfer fees are a festering wound that some supporters will never be able to get past. We celebrate bargain shopping usually (there are exceptions). We slate record signings.

Yet we laugh at and take the piss when other clubs pay big money for their players who turn out to be crap. So isn't it a tad hypocritical to say fans shouldn't question what we paid for Sigurdsson?

Also, record signing or not, he's been mostly crap since we signed him, that's why he gets slated.

Last edited:
Could've bought a striker with the money.

Siggurdson was a luxury buy we'd actually be okay without.

Just remember Koeman was gonna make an expensive collection of slow players reaching or hitting 30 years old - Gana, Siggurdson, Giroud.
Don't forget Michael Keane (slowest of all), Schneiderlin and Klaasen who he did buy. We still the slowest squad in the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back