Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I like agreeing with Pat Nevin, but this is pretty much what me and @MorgsGoat are saying.

If Gylfi proves the difference between top four or not, then he's worth it.

But basically, he's worth whatever we're willing to pay.

If that's £30m, sound, he's probably not gonna come here and we'll get somebody else.

If we're willing to go above £40m, then we'll probably see him in an Everton shirt come September (or earlier).
The RS have just spent 39m for a player who had previously flopped in the premier league. Siguardsson has shown his quality, season in season out...but I'm sorry not for 50m.

Everton fans put too much credit on Barkley. He's so inconsistent.

Gilfi is a miles better player and far more effective.

Get him in and ship barkley off to Newcastle who are stupid enough to take him.

He'll disappear into obscurity.

Which means Barkley and his agent told Koeman to do one with his deadline. That's all it means.

You are making the jump to saying he wants to leave. You don't know that. I don't know that. The only people who do are Barkley and his agent and possibly the club.

He signed his last contract in late July in exactly the same circumstances.

All true - but the fact we are clearly interested in Gylfi very much suggests that the club don't expect Ross to sign a contract. IMO.

They don't seem to want him to go at all!....
However...for a club that hasn't any big money backers and only just avoided the drop (Hull were woeful!) they need to bring in players ...probably from Europe!
For that .. they need money...£32 Million ??
No way will anybody pay £50,000,000.
It's up to Gylfi to press for a move ....That's if he wants to achieve anything other than another relegation scrap again!

Everton fans put too much credit on Barkley. He's so inconsistent.

Gilfi is a miles better player and far more effective.

Get him in and ship barkley off to Newcastle who are stupid enough to take him.

He'll disappear into obscurity.

Yet Barkley has top clubs looking at him. Sigurdsson had his day, flopped, now us and the mighty Leicester for £50mill

Not that I like agreeing with Pat Nevin, but this is pretty much what me and @MorgsGoat are saying.

If Gylfi proves the difference between top four or not, then he's worth it.

But basically, he's worth whatever we're willing to pay.

If that's £30m, sound, he's probably not gonna come here and we'll get somebody else.

If we're willing to go above £40m, then we'll probably see him in an Everton shirt come September (or earlier).

But I'm sure a lot feel that he's not the final piece of the jigsaw that can get champions league football. Which is why anything above £30mill is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back