Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cant make a case for him anymore. Not since Rooney's arrival. We're not an elite club and we cant be spending out £40M/£50M to stockpile #10s.

Use the remainder of the Lukaku/Cleverley/Deulofeu money we have left and buy a LB who will do us for years and another CB.

Upfront we need an out and out centre forward. That's it.

Think your worng here mate, we will be looking for someone to fill the Rom hole realisticaly i would be surprised if we get a forward capable of scoring more then 15 goals a season. Rooney is capable of double figures, Kalessen i hope will be capable of double figures, Sigurrdson is very capable.

I think if your looking at this front 4 we are about par at replacing Rom goals and kicking on:

Siggy---Klassen-Rooney

--------Benteke etc

Alternatively your looking at playing Klassen deeper at 8 and arriving late, Rooney in at ten with the right sided spot being taken by a Sandro, Bolaise, Mirallas etc. Thats before any clarity on Ross. Options and variance.

Last edited:
Well let's face it, he's got no chance not signing his contract and being bit part player here in the last year of his contract. Alternatively if Spurs don't come in for him, he'll need to move for first team football to stand any chance of getting in the England squad, albeit a small chance.

Hope he's beyond arsed about England

Think your worng here mate, we will be looking for someone to fill the Rom hole realisticaly i would be surprised if we get a forward capable of scoring more then 15 goals a season. Rooney is capable of double figures, Kalessen i hope will be capable of double figures, Sigurrdson is very capable.

I think if your looking at this front 4 we are about par at replacing Rom goals and kicking on:

Siggy---Klassen-Rooney

--------Benteke etc

Alternatively your looking at playing Klassen deeper at 8 and arriving late, Rooney in at ten with the right sided spot being taken by a Sandro, Bolaise, Mirallas etc. Thats before any clarity on Ross. Option and variance.
Obviously we are going to be set up differently to last season. Koeman has banged on about more productivity from the front players. However I agree, you still need a focal point of the attack, Benteke or giroud would still get us 15+ goals a season, Benteke got 17 in a team that nearly got relegated.

Think your worng here mate, we will be looking for someone to fill the Rom hole realisticaly i would be surprised if we get a forward capable of scoring more then 15 goals a season. Rooney is capable of double figures, Kalessen i hope will be capable of double figures, Sigurrdson is very capable.I think if your looking at this front 4 we are about par at replacing Rom goals and kicking on:
Siggy---Klassen-Rooney

--------Benteke etc

Alternatively your looking at playing Klassen deeper at 8 and arriving late, Rooney in at ten with the right sided spot being taken by a Sandro, Bolaise, Mirallas etc. Thats before any clarity on Ross. Option and variance.
I cant see the pace there, so that formation is out.

We would be perfectly ok with Rooney playing off Benteke and another winger who can consistently ping accurate crosses in.

I remember when transfers were completed by clubs bidding against each other for a player until everybody dropped bar one.It simply amounted to an auction.

That at least gave a market value for a player and by then the selling club had agreed to sell and was accepting bids.

The market now is strange. A club puts an arbitrary valuation on a player and it is met or maybe negotiated downwards.
The money generated by the club in transfers in recent years has been astonishing and has contributed in no small way to our revival.

I do not believe Lukaku is worth 90m or Stones is worth 50m , I think if the figures were halved it would be more realistic and I think 30m plus for Sigurdsson is madness, but then that is a word that describes transfers very well.
Of course they are worth that kind of money. I think Utd make close to £500m a year in TV and commercial deals. They will only make that as long as they are successful. Sigurdsson may be the difference between premiership survival and not which is worth is a lot more than 30m.

There's a lot of demand for football players and the good players are in very short supply. That makes them incredibly valuable.

He's not miles better than Barkley ye need yer heads examined. Swansea played to his strengths i.e let him whip balls in to a grock llorente. We played to Roms strengths to the detriment of Ross i.e Ross wants to play to feet, to give and go and create space. Rom didnt move if the ball wasn't exactly where he wanted it. We've got a diamond open yer eyes.

Unfortunately, the problem is Ross Barkley. We've offered a contract, he's refused it. The lad wants to leave, and we will have to sell him.
The Gylfi or Ross debate is irrelevant IMO.
Depends why he refused it but I guess we won't know that until he goes.

Rodriquez who's just went to Bayern will cost them 32 million euro if they make it permanent, meanwhile these sheep botherers want 50 mil for siggy

Worlds gone mad
We should be spending the money on wages to attract and keep top players. Not using it to buy 2nd rate players.

Of course they are worth that kind of money. I think Utd make close to £500m a year in TV and commercial deals. They will only make that as long as they are successful. Sigurdsson may be the difference between premiership survival and not which is worth is a lot more than 30m.

There's a lot of demand for football players and the good players are in very short supply. That makes them incredibly valuable.
When you put it like that siguardsson is more valuable to Swansea (trying to keep them in the premier league) then Everton (trying to get them into the CL). We did well to prise Keane away from burnley as I think they are really going to struggle this season.

Yet Barkley has top clubs looking at him. Sigurdsson had his day, flopped, now us and the mighty Leicester for £50mill

Which ones are looking at him?

He's available as he hasn't signed a new deal. Surely they'd all be knocking down our door to get him.

And ask any Spurs fan with half a brain cell. Sigurdsson was not a flop there, and Pochettino has said in the past how he wanted to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back