Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not miles better than Barkley ye need yer heads examined. Swansea played to his strengths i.e let him whip balls in to a grock llorente. We played to Roms strengths to the detriment of Ross i.e Ross wants to play to feet, to give and go and create space. Rom didnt move if the ball wasn't exactly where he wanted it. We've got a diamond open yer eyes.
Yes but he's far more consistent than Barkley.

He's not miles better than Barkley ye need yer heads examined. Swansea played to his strengths i.e let him whip balls in to a grock llorente. We played to Roms strengths to the detriment of Ross i.e Ross wants to play to feet, to give and go and create space. Rom didnt move if the ball wasn't exactly where he wanted it. We've got a diamond open yer eyes.

He doesn't have a footballing brain. Thinks he's better than he is...ship him out.

Ward prowse

Bad Tory aswell with his double barrelled surname

s-l1600.webp
Its clearly a Southampton thing!

When you put it like that siguardsson is more valuable to Swansea (trying to keep them in the premier league) then Everton (trying to get them into the CL). We did well to prise Keane away from burnley as I think they are really going to struggle this season.
1 season left. They can use that money to buy a quality replacement. Yes it makes staying up this year slightly more risky but staying up both this year and next a lot less risky.

The problem with Sigurdsson is he just signed a new contract. Swansea don't need to sell and would be stupid to do so.

We should really move on. I believe Lanzini hasn't signed his new deal yet. Offer him 100k a week and he may just be tempted to force the move. Either that or get Denis Suarez of Barca. They could do with the money and we could attract him with wages.

Plus if Barkley's situation is down to money just pay him what he wants.

1 season left. They can use that money to buy a quality replacement. Yes it makes staying up this year slightly more risky but staying up both this year and next a lot less risky.

The problem with Sigurdsson is he just signed a new contract. Swansea don't need to sell and would be stupid to do so.

We should really move on. I believe Lanzini hasn't signed his new deal yet. Offer him 100k a week and he may just be tempted to force the move. Either that or get Denis Suarez of Barca. They could do with the money and we could attract him with wages.

Plus if Barkley's situation is down to money just pay him what he wants.

What? regardless of how good he actually is and his worth to the team?

Hmmm, not very sound logic IMO.

He's a lanky Icelandic blert who's peaked and will never get any better. Ross is a sleeping giant, an untapped resource, like a diamond seam if you will. Have faith.

You'd have to have faith that Koeman will play to his strengths

I sincerely doubt he will

You'd have to have faith that Koeman will play to his strengths

I sincerely doubt he will
Ron wants a team and not have to play to anyones strengths. We were hamstrung in how we played with Rom because he was the only striker we had and getting the boy to break sweat was an exercise in futility. Ron wants Ross to stay guaranteed, but he won't beg the lad. If he wants to go he can go, if he stays I feel he'll have a great season.

What? regardless of how good he actually is and his worth to the team?

Hmmm, not very sound logic IMO.
We are talking between 100K and 140K. It will cost a lot more to replace him plus anyone we bring in will also want that kind of money. I just don't see how the bean counters see it differently. I suspect that it's down to the fact they are worried about wage inflation but the market sets the value of a player. If other top teams are willing to pay him what he wants you would have to question why can't we.

Barkley is very good player. He's not often injured. He's the quality of player we would find hard to attract. He's a local lad. We should just get it done.

Ron wants a team and not have to play to anyones strengths. We were hamstrung in how we played with Rom because he was the only striker we had and getting the boy to break sweat was an exercise in futility. Ron wants Ross to stay guaranteed, but he won't beg the lad. If he wants to go he can go, if he stays I feel he'll have a great season.

This

We are talking between 100K and 140K. It will cost a lot more to replace him plus anyone we bring in will also want that kind of money. I just don't see how the bean counters see it differently. I suspect that it's down to the fact they are worried about wage inflation but the market sets the value of a player. If other top teams are willing to pay him what he wants you would have to question why can't we.

Barkley is very good player. He's not often injured. He's the quality of player we would find hard to attract. He's a local lad. We should just get it done.

The deal is on the table and has been for some time.

And it's a very good one.

Better than he'd get at Spurs, definitely.

Went on a run of bossing games and consecutive man of the match perfomances...yet still inconsistant.

Who really was consistant for us ????!!!

Went on a run of bossing games and consecutive man of the match perfomances...yet still inconsistant.

Who really was consistant for us ????!!!
That's a ridiculous post mate. Even if he played 50 games a season that's 1 game every 2 years he affects.

I think most people would agree he had, at best, an average season last time out, although picking up significantly after Xmas. Well GOTs own post match polls had him MON 8 times last season (beaten only by Rom) and he was in the top 3 another 10 times. That's probably close to two thirds of the games he started.

Agreed mate. here's a post I made yesterday. Even in an average season (based on his own high standards I might add) he was GOTs MOM, or in the running for, in around two thirds of his starts. But that isn't consistent enough for some.

I saw a post earlier suggesting we sell Ross (23) for £30m and bring in Gylfi (28) for £45m. Total madness IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back