Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the figures are almost certainly wrong for one, but if they were right we'd have a positive net spend of £33m, not negative.
How can spending more that you've received be classed as positive?

The figures were based on that little bit that SKY did just prior to the Keane signing where they had us at £96m since Jan, so I added he Keane fee to that.

In terms of received, we e got a guaranteed £75m from Lukaku £8m from Cleverley and £10 for Deulofeu.

As a reference this was criticism that Liverpool took last season for receiving more than they spent and that was classed as a 'positive' net spend.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.li...shrugs-criticism-over-liverpools-11866483.amp

How can spending more that you've received be classed as positive?

The figures were based on that little be that SKY did just prior to the Keane signing where they had us at £96m since Jan, so I added he Keane fee to that.

In terms of received, we e got a guaranteed £75m from Lukaku £8m from Cleverley and £10 for Deulofeu.

As a reference this was criticism that Liverpool took last season for receiving more than they spent and that was classed as a 'positive' net spend.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.li...shrugs-criticism-over-liverpools-11866483.amp

Because... that's what net spend is? The key word is "spend" mate.

A positive net spend is spending more than you receive. A negative net spend is receiving more than you spend.

Because... that's what net spend is? The key word is "spend" mate.

A positive net spend is spending more than you receive. A negative net spend is receiving more than you spend.
Well then that article and many other that ran that story about Liverpool ending their transfer business last summer on profit are wrong then as they labled It as a positive net spend.

I can't see how receiving more than you spend can be classed as negative.

Well then that article and many other that ran that story about Liverpool ending their transfer business last summer on profit are wrong then as they labled It as a positive net spend.

Ian?

Go and have a lie down mate.

Klaassen 24m
Pickford 30m
Keane 30m
Sandro 5.2m
Henry 7m
Rooney 10m
Bowler 2m

108.2m

Geri 10.5m
Lukaku 100m
The Clev 8m

118.5m

you can't have Rooney for £10m and Lukaku for £100m.

It's either Rooney free and Lukaku £100m or Rooney £10m and Lukaku £90m.

The total deal was worth £100m - you've got it as £110m there effectively.

It's not a description of whether it makes business sense mate! It's an adjective applied to the word "spend" - which is what you spend.

Look, if you went to McDonald's right now and spent money to buy a Big Mac, that's a positive net spend, because you've spent money!

you can't have Rooney for £10m and Lukaku for £100m.

It's either Rooney free and Lukaku £100m or Rooney £10m and Lukaku £90m.

The total deal was worth £100m - you've got it as £110m there effectively.

Actually I'm not sure I've got that right.
My brain is ruined :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back