Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed mate. here's a post I made yesterday. Even in an average season (based on his own high standards I might add) he was GOTs MOM, or in the running for, in around two thirds of his starts. But that isn't consistent enough for some.

I saw a post earlier suggesting we sell Ross (23) for £30m and bring in Gylfi (28) for £45m. Total madness IMO.

I find it baffling that so many of our fans openly call him average, and this is people I go the game with and respect.

United & RS fans I know rate him higher than many blues I know, its crazy. I feelf or the lad.

What? regardless of how good he actually is and his worth to the team?

Hmmm, not very sound logic IMO.
True. But unless I'm mistaken none of us know what's actually on the table for him.

What we need to take into account is how much would we have to pay, both in transfer and wages, for a player as good as him (both now and potentially) to take his place in our squad. Bearing in mind Ross's sale value is affected by the remaining term on his contract.

I find it baffling that so many of our fans openly call him average, and this is people I go the game with and respect.

United & RS fans I know rate him higher than many blues I know, its crazy. I feelf or the lad.

It's irrational hatred of the player and it has baffled me for years now.

I can only think it's because he doesn't run around like Gravesen or something.

Barkley is on the back of his best season IMHO. I want him to sign and Sigurdsson to join, we need options.

I know. The lads I go the game with think I have a love in for him.

I put it down to the fact that he's so important to us because he is our ONLY creative player. We have so few other outlets, especially without Seamus in the team, so it's easy for teams to close down our creativity by stopping his service in and out. The teams performance is so often linked to Ross's own performance that he frequently get's the blame when we lose or just play poorly.

It's unusual for such a young player to carry the weight of creativity on their shoulder. Usually players in Ross's position are 2/3 years older. In addition most teams competing for honours have 2 or 3 Ross type players in the team to share the burden. If he stays, I actually believe that Ross will benefit from having the like of Rooney and Klaassen playing along side him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back