Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can't have Rooney for £10m and Lukaku for £100m.

It's either Rooney free and Lukaku £100m or Rooney £10m and Lukaku £90m.

The total deal was worth £100m - you've got it as £110m there effectively.

Erm mate?

We got 100m for Lukaku, we paid 10m for Rooney, but its also been reported that Rooney was technically free and we got 90m for Lukaku, I think Rooney was basically a token gesture to satisfy our demand for 100m.

Both ways is fine, but I would rather say we got 100m for Lukaku personally!

Which ones are looking at him?

He's available as he hasn't signed a new deal. Surely they'd all be knocking down our door to get him.

And ask any Spurs fan with half a brain cell. Sigurdsson was not a flop there, and Pochettino has said in the past how he wanted to keep him.

Rumours. That's all I'm basing it off.

And fine, Pochettino wanted to keep him...but sold him. And isn't looking to try and buy him back. But, based on rumours, would rather like Barkley.

It's a amusing cycle. Slap £50mill on Barkley - no one will pay that, he isn't worth it. Arsenal and Spurs cool interest.

Slap £50mill on Sigurdsson - defo worth it. Everton and Leicester interested.

Rumours. That's all I'm basing it off.

And fine, Pochettino wanted to keep him...but sold him. And isn't looking to try and buy him back. But, based on rumours, would rather like Barkley.

It's a amusing cycle. Slap £50mill on Barkley - no one will pay that, he isn't worth it. Arsenal and Spurs cool interest.

Slap £50mill on Sigurdsson - defo worth it. Everton and Leicester interested.
Neither will fetch £50m

Erm mate?

We got 100m for Lukaku, we paid 10m for Rooney, but its also been reported that Rooney was technically free and we got 90m for Lukaku, I think Rooney was basically a token gesture to satisfy our demand for 100m.

Both ways is fine, but I would rather say we got 100m for Lukaku personally!
I've been doing Sporcle quizzes for the last hour and I think my brain has unwired.

Sorry!

I know. The lads I go the game with think I have a love in for him.

I put it down to the fact that he's so important to us because he is our ONLY creative player. We have so few other outlets, especially without Seamus in the team, so it's easy for teams to close down our creativity by stopping his service in and out. The teams performance is so often linked to Ross's own performance that he frequently get's the blame when we lose or just play poorly.

It's unusual for such a young player to carry the weight of creativity on their shoulder. Usually players in Ross's position are 2/3 years older. In addition most teams competing for honours have 2 or 3 Ross type players in the team to share the burden. If he stays, I actually believe that Ross will benefit from having the like of Rooney and Klaassen playing along side him.

Agree with every single word mate.

Exactly.

But a few think throwing £50mill at either of them is a good thing.
Crazy. Sigurdsson is 28 in september and Barkley has 1 year left. I do believe that Spurs want him and that he will end up there, unfortunately, but it'll be late, when Spurs like to act and we will realise we don't want an unhappy Barkley sitting around until Christmas and then maybe even go for free 6 months later. I reckon we will get £20-25m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back