Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not worth £30 Million, there's plenty more players who are good at set pieces, like Ward-Prowse for example.....

I like that kid . I wonder why his name hasn't been brought up . Too expensive ? I'm guessing Southampton fans are sick of the club selling their best player .

I just cant make a case for him anymore. Not since Rooney's arrival. We're not an elite club and we cant be spending out £40M/£50M to stockpile #10s.

Use the remainder of the Lukaku/Cleverley/Deulofeu money we have left and buy a LB who will do us for years and another CB.

Upfront we need an out and out centre forward. That's it.

Could be worse lads, could be that we couldn't afford him. Not too long ago it was all free transfers and past it pension funding for has beens. Is this a case of 'mo money mo problems'?

Everton fans put too much credit on Barkley. He's so inconsistent.

Gilfi is a miles better player and far more effective.

Get him in and ship barkley off to Newcastle who are stupid enough to take him.

He'll disappear into obscurity.
Bit harsh on Ross. However I do agree he won't be here come the end of the window. Already we've seen the likes of Newcastle and West Ham fans getting frustrated at the lack of transfer activity. It's world cup year and if Ross has any aspirations about playing in it, he needs to either sign a new contract or move to another club. As we get into august those aforementioned clubs and others who haven't done their business will begin to panic. It could well work in our favour for Ross to move and to get the likes of niasse out of the club.

Bit harsh on Ross. However I do agree he won't be here come the end of the window. Already we've seen the likes of Newcastle and West Ham fans getting frustrated at the lack of transfer activity. It's world cup year and if Ross has any aspirations about playing in it, he needs to either sign a new contract or move to another club. As we get into Europe those aforementioned clubs and others who haven't done their business will begin to panic. It could well work in our favour for Ross to move and to get the likes of niasse out of the club.

You think playing week in week out at West Ham or Newcastle next season will get him in to the England squad?

After playing every week for us last season and getting nowhere near it?

Decision has already been made on his international duties despite where he plays.

You think playing week in week out at West Ham or Newcastle next season will get him in to the England squad?

After playing every week for us last season and getting nowhere near it?

Decision has already been made on his international duties despite where he plays.
Well let's face it, he's got no chance not signing his contract and being bit part player here in the last year of his contract. Alternatively if Spurs don't come in for him, he'll need to move for first team football to stand any chance of getting in the England squad, albeit a small chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back