Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't think anybody thinks £50m for this guy is any sort of realistic price.
It's bizarre. It's pissing it up against the wall and defo not clever spending.

Spend, yes. But spend wisely and dont get ripped off by half arsed clubs who are begining to laugh their bllocks off at the prices they
extort from Everton.

We are quicly becomeing a
laughing stock this window with the OTT payments.

Im not suprised Koeman wants him. I dont think the reported 50 million swansea want will be a problem. Weve got loads of money anyway. I dont think he will go for 50 though. Probably 35 plus add ons. I look at his stats and they impress me

His goals/assists stats are fine.

But they are massively bolstered by set pieces.

He pretty much doesn't do anything in open play. He doesn't pass the ball well, retain possession, or, despite the amount of ground he covers, offer much defensively.

His freekicks are elite, and he'd be worth maybe 2-4 goals a season more for us then we'd get from any other player taking the freekicks.

However for the price of 2 Gabriel Jesus' or more than Bernardo Silva or Leroy Sane it is just an insane amount of money for a decent player who will have no room to improve and will not have any resale value.

Spend, yes. But spend wisely and dont get ripped off by half arsed clubs who are begining to laugh their bllocks off at the prices they
extort from Everton.

57084791.webp

extort from Everton.

Go on Dave show how much you'd value every player we bought this season at please?

His goals/assists stats are fine.

But they are massively bolstered by set pieces.

He pretty much doesn't do anything in open play. He doesn't pass the ball well, retain possession, or, despite the amount of ground he covers, offer much defensively.

His freekicks are elite, and he'd be worth maybe 2-4 goals a season more for us then we'd get from any other player taking the freekicks.

However for the price of 2 Gabriel Jesus' or more than Bernardo Silva or Leroy Sane it is just an insane amount of money for a decent player who will have no room to improve and will not have any resale value.

Even though he had out performed massively all the players you just named and the fact that set pieces do actually count. F sake

Even though he had out performed massively all the players you just named and the fact that set pieces do actually count. F sake

We don't get extra set pieces if we sign him. You have to take the pens/freekicks he score away from the players we have who would have taken them.

He is literally just freekicks. From open play he doesn't even appear in the top 70 most creative players in the league and he plays as an out and out number 10.

If you genuinely believe Sigurdsson outperformed Sane/Jesus then we won't ever agree on what a good player is.

Go on Dave show how much you'd value every player we bought this season at please?

Keane £25M
Klaassen £15M
Pickford £15M

Just those three we could have spent £29M less.

Sandro/Onyekuru (haven't seen them so no idea how to value them)
Rooney on a free is a saving grace of this window so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back