Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS, £40+M? Just walk away.

Here's this club in the transfer window right now....

DRUNKEN+SAILOR.jpg

Meaner than Moyes you, hand over the 50M stinge

Im not suprised Koeman wants him. I dont think the reported 50 million swansea want will be a problem. Weve got loads of money anyway. I dont think he will go for 50 though. Probably 35 plus add ons. I look at his stats and they impress me

Prem last season
Goals 9 22nd in the scoring charts
Assists 13 3rd in the assists charts only de bruyne and eriksen have more with 18 and 15 assists

Overall career stats
322 games goals 86

Iceland 50 games 15 goals

Has been in double figures in goals in the last two seasons. Not far behind on 6 and sevens and 9s in his other premier league seasons

To summarise

Pros
will add 6-10 goals to us a season
Will add assists
add height
Iceland international
good age at 27
Prem experience
got good football ability and intelligence

Cons
50 million is probably too much for him but fees are crazy
lack of pace
Maybe not an exciting enough a name for some of the fans?
Lack of trophies to his name in this country

Adds productivity so Its a yes from me. Please add anything you think ive missed. Over to you guys

Im not suprised Koeman wants him. I dont think the reported 50 million swansea want will be a problem. Weve got loads of money anyway. I dont think he will go for 50 though. Probably 35 plus add ons. I look at his stats and they impress me

Prem this season
Assists 13 3rd in the assists charts only de bruyne and eriksen have more with 18 and 15 assists

Overall career stats
322 games goals 86

Has been in double figures in goals in the last two seasons. Not far behind on 6 and sevens and 9s in his other premier league seasons

To summarise

Pros
Will add assists
add height
Iceland international
good age at 27
Prem experience

Cons
lack of pace

Adds productivity so Its a yes from me. Please add anything you think ive missed. Over to you guys
Consistency
Model pro
Right character for EFC (in the Everton show, Walsh said that's one of the main traits they look for in a player joining the club).
An opportunity for him to bring out the best in baines with his football intelligence, something that has been lacking since piennar left the club.

Consistency
Model pro
Right character for EFC (in the Everton show, Walsh said that's one of the main traits they look for in a player joining the club).
An opportunity for him to bring out the best in baines with his football intelligence, something that has been lacking since piennar left the club.

I agree

Too many people worrying about the price...the Everton in us causes that through years of bargain basement deals....which we also moaned about!
If the manager wants him, the chairman sanctions it... bring it on! Loving it myself!

It appears our club are damned if they don't spend and damned if they do. Look, we won't all agree on every signing but can we at least acknowledge the club are trying to change everyone's outlook on how they behave in the transfer window.

Yes we have sold Romelu (wanted away anyway) also got rid of some real [Poor language removed] that we were fooled into believing were footballers, Probably going to sell Ross (I certainly won't feel his loss as I once did Rooneys).
The players we have brought in seem to match a hard working "team" template that this manager wants. I say let's show him the same patience we showed martinez on the beginning of his second season....

Remember how excited and positive we were back then ?? If Ron screws up as Roberto did..... IF !!! Then by all means let's all get the pitchforks out.....till then can we all just try to give him and the club the benefit of the doubt.....???

Prem last season

Overall career stats
322 games goals 86

To summarise

Pros
Will add assists
add height
Iceland international
good age at 27
Prem experience

Cons
lack of pace

...yep.

I think Levy is a different type of beast.. known to be fairly frugal.. I'm surprised he isn't waiting to run down Barkley's contract

..doubt it. He'll know Barkley will be negatively impacted if he spends 12 months in the long grass at Everton. That's a full season out of his development at a key career stage. Levy is a shrewd operator and is playing brinksmanship. Lots will depend on what we're prepared to let the lad go for as the window shuts, Levy will want to get a £20m bargain but I suspect we might play hard ball with a take it or leave it £35m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back