Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bizarre. It's pissing it up against the wall and defo not clever spending.

Spend, yes. But spend wisely and dont get ripped off by half arsed clubs who are begining to laugh their bllocks off at the prices they
extort from Everton.

We are quicly becomeing a
laughing stock this window with the OTT payments.

But what if that means that the net spend is over £50m? Did you not say that was one of the things on which he will be judged?

Keane £25M
Klaassen £15M
Pickford £15M

Just those three we could have spent £29M less.

Sandro/Onyekuru (haven't seen them so no idea how to value them)
Rooney on a free is a saving grace of this window so far.

I am pretty sure they will prove bargains by the end of the window mate. I can gaurentee baseline prices will inflate across the board, Utd have set the trend now with 100mill for Rom. Those three in particular will prove excellent value given they have a decade of a career in front of them.

Sigurrdson, I believe is quality, you pay for quality we won't buy him for 50 mill, north of 40 I would say. 6-7 year career in him. It's about apt I would say for a player of his calibre if you want to meet ambitition.

To be fair it's a refreshing change from multiple loan signings as our summer activity.

We don't get extra set pieces if we sign him. You have to take the pens/freekicks he score away from the players we have who would have taken them.

He is literally just freekicks. From open play he doesn't even appear in the top 70 most creative players in the league and he plays as an out and out number 10.

If you genuinely believe Sigurdsson outperformed Sane/Jesus then we won't ever agree on what a good player is.

Mate Jesus was brilliant, but he played 10 league games, judge jelavic on his first ten games for us, consistency matters.

Keane £25M
Klaassen £15M
Pickford £15M

Fair enough but what would you personally value a lad who scored 14 goals in la liga at 21?

Keane £25M
Klaassen £15M
Pickford £15M

Lol. Your value of them is slightly less important than that of the clubs selling them. Absurd stuff.

kyle walker = £50m. I know a lot of our fans don't think £50m is the correct valuation, but this summer has been even more silly than probably all of expected. Is he worth £20m more than pickford and keane? Yeah, i'd say so. When you factor in anything. Is he worth more than kyle walker? damn right he is!

... is he worth 10 sandro's ... nah, but hey, let's stick to the premier league prices here because otherwise my argument falls over.

I don't actually have a clue what he's worth atm. Buy abroad and take the risk, or pay a lot extra for more of a guaranteed success?

Oh yeah, he set up the left back for a goal with a backheel, for people who says he doesn't contribute anything from open play, that's utter rubbish.

But what if that means that the net spend is over £50m? Did you not say that was one of the things on which he will be judged?
And even with this spending - such are the talents we're getting shut of - it still will be either a negative net spend or small net spend.

We are selling our jewels here and getting back for the same money a load of tat apart from Keane.

No mark clubs are taking us up a blind alley and mugging us and laughing as they run off with the cash. It's embarrassing.

Keane £25M
Klaassen £15M
Pickford £15M

All our signing so far will turn out to be value for money although Pickford is the biggest gamble.

It's just the market.

However we shouldn't be spending silly money on players over 25.

It's bizarre. It's pissing it up against the wall and defo not clever spending.

Spend, yes. But spend wisely and dont get ripped off by half arsed clubs who are begining to laugh their bllocks off at the prices they
extort from Everton.

We are quicly becomeing a laughing stock this window with the OTT payments.
Agree. Gylfi isn't worth the money being mentioned. Dave, Everton are far from from becoming a laughing stock - quite the opposite.
C'mon mate, I accept you're a glass half empty kinda guy, and the glass is dirty, but this is a seriously poor effort at wumming.
I want to take your arguments seriously, but comments like this leave me cold.

I am pretty sure they will prove bargains by the end of the window mate. I can gaurentee baseline prices will inflate across the board, Utd have set the trend now with 100mill for Rom. Those three in particular will prove excellent value given they have a decade of a career in front of them.

Sigurrdson, I believe is quality, you pay for quality we won't buy him for 50 mill, north of 40 I would say. 6-7 year career in him. It's about apt I would say for a player of his calibre if you want to meet ambitition.

To be fair it's a refreshing change from multiple loan signings as our summer activity.
Being young with a price tag on them doesn't guarantee anything.

Sigurdsson, yes. I have petitioned for his arrival for a long time. He is quality. However, 27 years old and throwing anything like over and above £35M at a deal is laughable.

It's just outrageous prices and we should have the courage to laugh in Swansea's face and walk off.

Maybe Walsh can actually do the job he's paid for and unearth quality for a fraction of these prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back