Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way we now have the cash to unsettle players. Is that wrong?

Yes and no. Certainly makes a change from how it used to be but if you cast your mind back to how Lescott left it isn't nice for the club forced to sell.

However it looks like we didn't leave it until the season started to unsettle the whole club so kudos to us there for doing things properly. (Spurs take note in regard to Barkley...)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...on-gylfi-sigurdsson-bid-confident-completing/

Everton have made a £40million bid for Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson and are hopeful of completing a deal this week.

Sigurdsson is not boarding Swansea's flight to the United States today and is heading back to South Wales for talks with chairman Huw Jenkins.

The Iceland international has been one of Ronald Koeman's top targets this summer and Everton have made a club record offer to sign him.

Swansea are yet to accept or refuse the bid but Everton are confident that it will be enough to finally lure the playmaker to Goodison Park.

It is either 40 mill plus or Leicester didn't really bid.... And he wants in at our Everton revolution ;)

I'm not bothered how much we overpay as long as we get our man, at this stage, we're mealy laying foundations and announcing our arrival, next Summer we take the next step for me.

With our profile being raised, and let's face it, we're owning this window so far, the right people are sitting up and taking notice. Later in the year we'll have our new stadium making the news, everyone will have to take note then. Good times ahead.

The fee is too high but I think it makes a statement if we sign him at 45-50m. We've identified are target and are doing whatever it takes to get him even though the other club doesn't want to sell. That's what big clubs do, about time we started acting like one.

it will go up to 45m shortly then.

Sig is not going on tour with Swansea, this will get done.

If they want him to stay then he will get on the plane to the US but they have shown us the card by letting him to stay put.

Looks like they wanna squeeze another £3m from the deal before giving in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back