Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serves you right for the previous comment x

Anyway, back to Gylfi, how does he fit into potential line ups?

Im not sure, I was chatting to a swan on twitter about him last week, he said hes defo better as a 10, he said he didnt look the same player when he was shifted out wide and that was how it all went wrong at Spurs, so it throws my 4-3-3 prediction wide open, will Ronny go back to his 4-2-3-1 or something else, so currently no idea.

I would think most of the signings we have made so far have been bought as first team players, how they all fit together I cant quite work out just yet.

Has anyone with an actual reputation said this is on, I think it's pretty clear the interest is there but is it only the Mirror and people on Twitter actually reporting it's done?

Can't see it myself. Not the same momentum as the other signings.

I agree, I dont personally think its as far down the line as some sources claim.

The volume of chatter just isnt there, maybe im not reading it right, I think its likely he will sign, but as I said, I dont think its even close to "done".

Been wrong before and I will be wrong many times again.

Im not sure, I was chatting to a swan on twitter about him last week, he said hes defo better as a 10, he said he didnt look the same player when he was shifted out wide and that was how it all went wrong at Spurs, so it throws my 4-3-3 prediction wide open, will Ronny go back to his 4-2-3-1 or something else, so currently no idea.

I would think most of the signings we have made so far have been bought as first team players, how they all fit together I cant quite work out just yet.
Tbh it all looks a bit of a muddle, as I've never particularly rated Rooney out wide either - his lack of defending on the left meant Baines was very exposed at the world cup. Yet he hasn't really shone as a striker in recent years either, at least not when the team is counterattacking as his pace isn't what it was so thought he'd be in the 10 position as well.

I agree, I dont personally think its as far down the line as some sources claim.

The volume of chatter just isnt there, maybe im not reading it right, I think its likely he will sign, but as I said, I dont think its even close to "done".

Been wrong before and I will be wrong many times again.

As much as I don't see him as a class a signing I hope it still goes through.

He proved the doubters wrong last year and sure he'll provide many assists to our star striker whoever that may be.

Tbh it all looks a bit of a muddle, as I've never particularly rated Rooney out wide either - his lack of defending on the left meant Baines was very exposed at the world cup. Yet he hasn't really shone as a striker in recent years either, at least not when the team is counterattacking as his pace isn't what it was so thought he'd be in the 10 position as well.

If we get this done, get Rooney and Giroud in and keep Ross, yeah, good luck getting everybody in the first 11 then, of course we need a squad, for sure, but then we have people calling for more offensive players. We currently lack them for sure, but if we signed 3 of them in the next week, well, ive no idea, no idea at all whats going on.

If we get this done, get Rooney and Giroud in and keep Ross, yeah, good luck getting everybody in the first 11 then, of course we need a squad, for sure, but then we have people calling for more offensive players. We currently lack them for sure, but if we signed 3 of them in the next week, well, ive no idea, no idea at all whats going on.
A diamond - Giroud/Ramirez up top, Rooney/Gylfi on left with Ross/Davies on right and Morgan/Gana at base?

But then there are lots of other players to fit in as well....confused tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back