Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klaassen will play deeper, Rooney as a striker and Ross will be sold.

Though if we kept Ross how good would it be to be able to play 2 on a Thursday and the other 2 on a Sunday. Keep players fresh and be able to challenge on all fronts.

Would Ross be happy about a lesser role? No. We don't play 2 on the same pitch, we have so many players now in the attacking third.

Klaassen will play deeper, Rooney as a striker and Ross will be sold.

Though if we kept Ross how good would it be to be able to play 2 on a Thursday and the other 2 on a Sunday. Keep players fresh and be able to challenge on all fronts.

Klassen will play deeper where? What system are you implementing? Is Klassen gonna take the position of Morgan, Davies or Gueye?

Klassen will play deeper where? What system are you implementing? Is Klassen gonna take the position of Morgan, Davies or Gueye?
Yeah, I think Klaassen will play alongside one of them in some games, in others he will play further forward. Think he won't have a stuck position anyway, will probably float about the pitch pulling the strings.

We have no idea what Ronnie is going to do though as he was limited with options last season and now has some. Fun times.

Would Ross be happy about a lesser role? No. We don't play 2 on the same pitch, we have so many players now in the attacking third.

We'll be playing very differently now Lukaku has gone.

If Barkley stays, he'll have to fight for his place, which is a good thing. Sigurdsson, should he come in, would have to fight for his place, which would be a good thing.

Competition breeds success.

Thing is, we're the biggest and best side that Ross could currently get regular first-team footy at if this is what he wants.

He'd have just a tough a battle - if not more so - at Spurs. I doubt he'd get in at United if they get their main targets, and he wouldn't have a sniff at Chelsea or City, and he'd have a big challenge on his hands at Arsenal as well.

Yeah, I think Klaassen will play alongside one of them in some games, in others he will play further forward. Think he won't have a stuck position anyway, will probably float about the pitch pulling the strings.

We have no idea what Ronnie is going to do though as he was limited with options last season and now has some. Fun times.

Fun times tinkering about maybe and having competition but some players are not gonna be involved. I know we have to factor in injuries but I feel like we are focusing too high up the pitch. Get a striker and we need another CB and a full back

Is Rooney our striker?

He'll be one of them.

Koeman classes 'forwards' as players who can play across the front line - as in the front three positions.

So, we currently have:

Lookman
Mirallas
Sandro
Rooney
DCL
Bolasie* (injured)
Barkley* (may leave)

Sigurdsson would just be another player coming in to boost that, and I imagine there'll be at least one more player capable of playing the central striking role.

Given the Bolasie injury and how historically players with that injury get niggles when they come back anyway he has probably written Bolasie off this season and any games he gets from him at full tilt are a nice bonus.

Reckon our mid/forwards will be something like:
Sandro rooney Barkley
Klaasen
Gana scneids

Sandro and Rooney would be changeable depending on who we play. It looks likely we will bring in giroud or another striker which could could see Rooney on either side of the front 3 or on the bench. Main thing is there are a lot of options with who/what we play next season with mirallas, lookman, Calvert lewin on the bench as is and hopefully Giroud or another striker and sigurdsson in the mix. Some genuine quality up top there.

Let's face it mate, when we win a free kick anywhere around the box at present, there seems no threat at all. I think lukaku scored against palace at home last season, that being our only goal scored direct from a free kick. Even from free kicks out wide we don't offer much of a threat as often we don't clear the first man. I'm hoping siguardsson and Sandro will change that.
Barkley Spurs. Total fluke like but still.

Reckon our mid/forwards will be something like:
Sandro rooney Barkley
Klaasen
Gana scneids

Sandro and Rooney would be changeable depending on who we play. It looks likely we will bring in giroud or another striker which could could see Rooney on either side of the front 3 or on the bench. Main thing is there are a lot of options with who/what we play next season with mirallas, lookman, Calvert lewin on the bench as is and hopefully Giroud or another striker and sigurdsson in the mix. Some genuine quality up top there.
Davies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back