Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its just down to personal opinions and their own valuations of players.

Well that's happens when you have a billionaire on board. We asked 90 million for Lukaku and if you think he's worth that then you're delusional.

It's supply and demand mate, in football their are a hell of a lot less players who can score the amount of Lukaku as there are that can provide what Sigurddson does. He is also 4 years younger and is arguably not yet peaked as a player.

No we couldn't as he wouldn't come to us!
I think this is the point. Gyfli is the limit of the calibre of player we could hope to attract. In fact you could make a concrete case for him being the highest quality player we have signed this summer if he does come.

I'd love us to sign him, but not for more than 35m , even that is stretching it a bit , 50m is a joke FFS , 50m gets you Perisic or Naingollan

I really like Gylfi, but this is correct. For 50m there are better players. 35m is about the high end of his range and given who we already have in place I'm not sure i wouldn't rather spend that 35 on Mahrez.

I'd love us to sign him, but not for more than 35m , even that is stretching it a bit , 50m is a joke FFS , 50m gets you Perisic or Naingollan
Perisic and Naingollan are targets for Utd and Chelsea, just like Rom was. These players would never in a million years come to us.

No we couldn't as he wouldn't come to us!
You never know.... you can but enquire. i look at it this way, we've just signed Rooney who is still a massive name in world football. The fact BBC, Sky Sport and every other media is running his return home story as top billing shows he is still big news and a high profile name. It's far easier to sell the clubs ambition to elite level players like Rodriguez when other high profile signings have already climbed on board.

Give Barkley some weeks to adjust to the "new" Everton. If it's not working out then turn to Sigurdsson in late August if he still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back