Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the player is happy to stay there, then we won't get a look-in at that price. If he wants to move on, he'll have to force the issue so that we can come to a sensible agreement. I generally hate player power, but in situations like this, I'd like to think it could work to our advantage.

I would say he is a more effective player than Ross both in the field of play and in dead ball situations.
Ross dithers on the ball too much. I love Ross, but his stats are definitely inflated. He has the most potential as a deep-lying playmaker, but he has to work on the defensive part of his game. Sigurdsson will press and make more daring passes than Ross (Ross plays them to feet whereas Sigurdsson will play them through).

Ross dithers on the ball too much. I love Ross, but his stats are definitely inflated. He has the most potential as a deep-lying playmaker, but he has to work on the defensive part of his game. Sigurdsson will press and make more daring passes than Ross (Ross plays them to feet whereas Sigurdsson will play them through).
100% and this is why I wouldn't be that bothered at paying up to 50m, simply because he's a definite upgrade. Naingollan and Perisic are fantasy island purchases I'm afraid.

100% and this is why I wouldn't be that bothered at paying up to 50m, simply because he's a definite upgrade. Naingollan and Perisic are fantasy island purchases I'm afraid.
I don't want him for 50 mil, but he is surely an upgrade as a playmaker. A forward pass does not always equal a dangerous pass, and that is the biggest problem with statistics. Davies probably played more 'actual' through balls than Ross did and he had significantly less game time.

If they had no intention of selling they'd have not put a price on his head, they'd have just said he's not for sale.

The player must have made it known he wants the move, and they're trying to leverage the fee up, they can do one at that kind of level. I was baulking at £32m, any more than that for a bloke who's nearly 28, and we'd be mugging ourselves right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back