Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would everyone be ok with signing Sigurdsson for an ' undisclosed fee ' and then we'll never know the actual amount. Probably.

or

for 40 million with add on's if we make the top 4. Probably.

He's a proven premier league player who is consistent with goals and assists. Its looking more likely that Barkley may of played his last game for Everton and Sigurdsson is an ideal replacement. However, given the choice I'd rather sign Barkley to a new long term deal and spend that wedge on a striker.

So you were ok with Everton splashing 40 million on Sigurdsson but not 50 million ? I think that's the general outcome from what I've read on this thread so far. We are talking about a difference of 10 million here.

In 4 years time I'd like to think that Everton would of gone on and broke into that top four. Dare I say it, won a pot. That's the plan here under the new Everton, to push on and start challenging. Sigurdsson being here and taking us to the next level would be worth the money paid. It pays for itself in the long run.

The question is : Do we think Sigurdsson is that player to take us to the next level ? Again from what I've read on the thread, the majority seem to think so, as do Everton football club.

Because mate - every player should have a price that you deem 'too much' for otherwise it's pretty poor business by the club.

Is Sigurddson worth 40m - nope - is he worth 50m definitely not, is he worth 30m - aye he is IMO, so then it becomes a matter of if we need him and he improves us then maybe we overpay what he's worth to get him, but within common sense limits on overpaying.

Most people seem to think he's worth 30m but maybe would go overe the odds towards 40 - not seen one person coming out reckoning he was smart at 50 though

Same as most think McCarthy evaluation of 25m is extreme and would be happy if we sold him for 20 for example.

Otherwise we have set a prescient we don't have the money to sup[port and it will bite us in the arse big time.

We pay 50m for this lad, then go after Giroud then his 20m evaluation becomes a 40m one, same for someone like VVD, 65 will go to 80, because we've shown we are willing to go stupidly over the price a players worth

BREAKING NEWS

Everton will have to pay in the region of £50m if they are to tempt Swansea’s talismanic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson away from the Liberty Stadium.

Swansea are yet to receive any official approaches from Everton and are known to be frustrated by reports that the Merseyside club is about to launch a second bid of £35m.

Think this one only happens if the player forces the issue and I just can't see him doing that. We were meant to be in for him last season and he turned us down and signed a contract extension. I think he enjoys being the big fish in the small pond and he is very comfortable and in his element at Swansea. I like him but £50 million is entering fringe world class territory, you could probably get someone significantly younger as well.

Because mate - every player should have a price that you deem 'too much' for otherwise it's pretty poor business by the club.

Is Sigurddson worth 40m - nope - is he worth 50m definitely not, is he worth 30m - aye he is IMO, so then it becomes a matter of if we need him and he improves us then maybe we overpay what he's worth to get him, but within common sense limits on overpaying.

Most people seem to think he's worth 30m but maybe would go overe the odds towards 40 - not seen one person coming out reckoning he was smart at 50 though

Same as most think McCarthy evaluation of 25m is extreme and would be happy if we sold him for 20 for example.

Otherwise we have set a prescient we don't have the money to sup[port and it will bite us in the arse big time.

We pay 50m for this lad, then go after Giroud then his 20m evaluation becomes a 40m one, same for someone like VVD, 65 will go to 80, because we've shown we are willing to go stupidly over the price a players worth

So its just down to personal opinions and their own valuations of players.

Well that's happens when you have a billionaire on board. We asked 90 million for Lukaku and if you think he's worth that then you're delusional.

I would rather go for another target if the number is 50. But he is more valuable to them than Ross is to us and has more time on his contract. I know Ross has more potential but if we do value Ross at 50. An argument could be made that Siggurdson is worth the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back