Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no rush on this.

It could well go to the last day of the window, maybe with Ross leaving at the same time - though I'd much rather him stay.

We'll be fine, whoever comes in.

To an extent, Sigurdsson is a luxury signing with the squad as it stands now.

Issue is, Ross's contract 'stand off' (for lack of a better term).

If Ross signed this deal, then it would really be a case of just seeing what happens with Sigurdsson, as we'd have enough options.
That's if Ross signs. Big if.

Siggy is a lot better than Ross and would be a significant impact player for us.

I'm not saying we should spend 50M on him, but he's not a luxury. We need to be BETTER after the Rom deal, not worse.

£50 million ?? I love Siggy but sorry no !! Not worth £50 million, I was balking at £35, He is good, great in fact but that's got to be about £20 too much. He doesn't seem the type of player to down tools and demand a leave so this has to be dead now.

Everton must have shown their interest for a fair period. Maybe he did enjoy the relegation battle with Swansea, he does not want to move.

Presumably we knew Swansea's valuation from the outset, so I'm guessing the club aren't shocked by it.
Hopefully we have been working on an alternative.
The Barkley situation isn't helping mind.

No way our club finds out about this via the media. Swansea will act professionally, this'll be for their fans. They're fully entitled to do it. Just move to the next target.

for 50 million you'd be expecting a player 2 or 3 levels above Gylfi - no offence to him he's a great player but never worth that sort of money.
Yeah, I mean... I get we now have money... but to throw it around on players of that level AT THAT PRICE ?? would be madness tbh.
Such a shame, Really wanted him here.

We have no rush on this.

It could well go to the last day of the window, maybe with Ross leaving at the same time - though I'd much rather him stay.

We'll be fine, whoever comes in.

To an extent, Sigurdsson is a luxury signing with the squad as it stands now.

Issue is, Ross's contract 'stand off' (for lack of a better term).

If Ross signed this deal, then it would really be a case of just seeing what happens with Sigurdsson, as we'd have enough options.
I rate Sigurdsson higher than a lot of our posters here, but 50 mil is way too much for a non world class player with little resale value. I'd like to think that Swansea are loyal to him and would let him go at some point if he really wanted the move for around 30-35m.

That's if Ross signs. Big if.

Siggy is a lot better than Ross and would be a significant impact player for us.

I'm not saying we should spend 50M on him, but he's not a luxury. We need to be BETTER after the Rom deal, not worse.
Agree Gylfi is a class above Ross today and probably Ross will never reach his level. So on those terms he's a good, maybe even important addition. Particularly if Ross refuses to sign which is extremely possible.

In 4 years time VVD will be about 29, Pickford 27, Lukaku 28, Barkley 27/28, Sigurddson will be 32

With those types of fees you have to factor in a potential resale value near the end of the contract you give them mate, all the others will see their value not depreciate much due to age if at all, Sigurddsons will plummet

That matters

So you were ok with Everton splashing 40 million on Sigurdsson but not 50 million ? I think that's the general outcome from what I've read on this thread so far. We are talking about a difference of 10 million here.

In 4 years time I'd like to think that Everton would of gone on and broke into that top four. Dare I say it, won a pot. That's the plan here under the new Everton, to push on and start challenging. Sigurdsson being here and taking us to the next level would be worth the money paid. It pays for itself in the long run.

The question is : Do we think Sigurdsson is that player to take us to the next level ? Again from what I've read on the thread, the majority seem to think so, as do Everton football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back