Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's 50*- the club are mugs. Walk away. Surely there's other set piece merchants across the globe. Hakan has already gone to AC unfortunately.

*(Rising to 50mill if we win the league and CL- ok. I'd be fine with that lol )

They don't "want" £5om though, they want him to stay as he is irreplaceable to them.[/QUOTE]

Silly of them really. They could use 35 mil to buy three really good young players.

£50m is crazy money for him. That article is a joke though - clearly a desperate briefing from Swansea.

Probably already mentioned, Jim White mentioned on talksport that acposdivle swap with Barkley was being muted. If nothing else, this unsubstantiated rumour could force Spurs to enter the fray and make a bid for Barkley.
As for siguardsson as much as I admire him as a player, he's not worth 50m. Swansea quite rightly don't want to lose their best player, but we all know were the power lies in football. If siguardsson wants to come, he'll need to force the issue as no club will offer what Swansea are demanding. That will weaken swanseas bargaining position as they will have an unsettled player at the club who wants to leave.
If we don't get siguardsson, I'd go for giroud and tierney.

Sigurdsson to Llorente and Mawson looked very effective last year. I can see the same plan but to Giroud and Keane for us this year.

Is Pickford a 30million keeper ?

Is Van Dijk a 65 million rated defender ?

Get this lad in. They've identified Sigurdsson as a player that fits the system. Get him in.

In 4 years time VVD will be about 29, Pickford 27, Lukaku 28, Barkley 27/28, Sigurddson will be 32

With those types of fees you have to factor in a potential resale value near the end of the contract you give them mate, all the others will see their value not depreciate much due to age if at all, Sigurddsons will plummet

That matters

We are about -15m net so I imagine we have that to spend plus any other outgoings.

We never spend much more than breaking even so this 50m where's it coming from? Player sales

If it's 50*- the club are mugs. Walk away. Surely there's other set piece merchants across the globe. Hakan has already gone to AC unfortunately.

*(Rising to 50mill if we win the league and CL- ok. I'd be fine with that lol )

Sigurdsson isn't a set-piece merchant. Let's just be clear on this.

We are about -15m net so I imagine we have that to spend plus any other outgoings.

We never spend much more than breaking even so this 50m where's it coming from? Player sales

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back