Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article supports what I was saying over the weekend, in that no agreement had been made and that I was unaware if Everton had even made a bid.

Rooney is still twice the player Sigurdsson is. No need for the ice man with him and Klaassen in the squad. Spend the money on two strikers and a winger please.
Not sure I'd go that far mate, but I don't think there's a pressing need to have both players in our squad, especially at the new prices being banded about.

We're defo in for a striker or two anyway irrespective of whether we bring in Siggy. What we're missing is a clever player with pace,

Good player but 50 million is silly. You could buy a world class player for that sort of cash.
A premier league proven player who could push us into the gold mine of the champions league. For the sake of a few million we may regret passing him up.

That's just the way football has gone now. Only in the premier league will you see these kind of prices for players who are not the worlds best.

We should be looking elsewhere at that kind of money. Unless there is no one better who we can realistically sign, in which case we should just pay it. Better to overpay and get the right player than pull out and be left with a weak squad. I suspect we'll sign him for about 35m tho tbh.

Whatever your take on Rooney he does provide us with a lot of the attributes Siggy has to offer. Now Wayne has signed I'm not so sure this is as important as it was before.

Think I'd rather spend in the money on a Mata type player. Someone who offers something different to what we already have. Especially if Barks signs.

..I agree with the Rooney bit, Fred. Saying that, it would be good to have two players who can play that role. If Sigurdsson comes in you have to think Barkley will struggle for game time if he stays. I can't see Barkley signing a new contract if the Sigurdsson deal happens.

This is getting silly now isn't it?
Yeah it is but Everton have never been involved in ' silly ' big money transfers. As Evertonians we've always sat and read the morning rag, weeping into our coco pops at other teams signing the best players.

I'm loving this lad. I now get up in the morning and light a Cuban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back