Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Joyce just retweeted this

Fair enough. He's their player after all. Probably kept them up last season and they won't be able to replace him with a player of similar quality. So he probably is worth that much to them.

Similar situation to us with stones last season and Lukaku now. Don't blame the club in the slightest. The danger in this is that they are left with a disgruntled player, but in fairness to the lad he doesn't seem that type

However he clearly isn't worth that sort of money to us so, if this is indeed true, it's time for us to walk away. We're not going to succeed with all of our targets. This sort of thing is to be expected now we're perceived to have the Lukaku money.

Exactly.

The Williams deal was agreed days before we actually sold Stones last year. Swansea were wanting to save face on that.

I'd imagine this is the same. They're talking a big game.

We won't pay anything above £40m for him. He isn't worth that much, like, but Rom wasn't worth £90m really.

He's worth that much to Swansea so they can demand what they want for him. I just don't think they'll get close to that.

"He wanted to move..." will follow.

Doesn't matter what Leicester bid either if he wants Everton.

I think he's a game changing player for us, but you can't pay that at his age.

You'd rather throw a bit more at VVD. But we NEED to get at least one world class player with the Rom money, no question, and ideally improve the starting lineup in several spots.

Because it's akin to us asking for £30m for Niasse.

Sure, we'd be entitled to ask for it, but nobody in their right mind is going to pay it.
If they don't want to sell they're well within their rights to quote silly figures. It's up to the player if he wants to force it and the price would likely drop somewhat. I don't believe they've quoted £50m though.

Absolutely no chance at £50m. Would be gutted.

Yes yes, "not my money" etc. but it still takes away from other signings and wages. I was baulking at £32m, nevermind £50m!

Swerve if remotely true please.
Whatever your take on Rooney he does provide us with a lot of the attributes Siggy has to offer. Now Wayne has signed I'm not so sure this is as important as it was before.

Think I'd rather spend in the money on a Mata type player. Someone who offers something different to what we already have. Especially if Barks signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back