Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently this is him ! looks a done deal blues !

Co2jPYtXEAA4PtL-768x1024.jpg

Get rid of McCarthy and get the lad in. The club are clearly interested in him, McCarthy is absolutely surplus to requirements at Everton and we are sitting on at least 25 million there. We value a bench player at 25 million and they value a lad double that, who almost single handedly kept them in the premier league last season and is probably one of the clubs greatest players. Fair enough.

They don't want to be 'pushed around'. I think gone are the times of the innocent Everton, just making up the numbers, everyone's second favourite club. Get rid of McCarthy and throw the money at Swansea and get the lad into the club.

Hahaha behave Swans! I was in the VVD thread saying I would love us to throw 65mil at him because he's worth it because to be honest I think he's the best player in that position we could possibly buy but come on, 50mil for Siggy is never happening.

He isn't worth anything over £40 million. I feel there is an element of mischief making on Leicester's part in driving up the price for a player they have no chance in signing. A bit like I thought WBA drove up the price for Schniederlin when they didn't have a hope in hells chance of signing him. If we are going to spend over £40 million on a midfielder go elsewhere.

Whatever your take on Rooney he does provide us with a lot of the attributes Siggy has to offer. Now Wayne has signed I'm not so sure this is as important as it was before.

Think I'd rather spend in the money on a Mata type player. Someone who offers something different to what we already have. Especially if Barks signs.

Rooney is still twice the player Sigurdsson is. No need for the ice man with him and Klaassen in the squad. Spend the money on two strikers and a winger please.

Didn't Swansea say the same thing about Ashley Williams when we were rumoured to have bid £13m..... only for it to turn out he cost us £9m. If we bid 32-35 million and he wants to move they'd be made to turn it down. If he doesn't want the move then it's a different story.

To be honest I'd be surprised if they sold him for £32m. He's by far and away their best player and staying in the premiership is worth much more to them than that. Unless their manager thinks he can improve their team with the fee I see no reason why they'd let him go. I assume he's got a few years left on his contract.

He might not be worth £40m+ to us but he probably is to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back