Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier, we could buy 5 players for 50m, but they would all be a major risk.

With Iceland you know what your getting, I agreed the other day, anything over 30m and we should walk away, but honestly, if the manager wants him, we should just pay what it costs, the same thing I said in Jan when United demanded the fee for Morgan.

Pay the money the players cost.

"we have no restrictions to spend"
Moshiri in March

We may have no restrictions to spend MG but that doesn't mean we should be spending ultra record fees on anyone.

Yes, it's not our dough and yes as moshiri said, Monopoly money but we still have a fisical responsibilty here.

We set an awful precedent spending 50 on him as every man and their club will be expecting mega fees from us in the future.

As I said earlier, we could buy 5 players for 50m, but they would all be a major risk.

With Iceland you know what your getting, I agreed the other day, anything over 30m and we should walk away, but honestly, if the manager wants him, we should just pay what it costs, the same thing I said in Jan when United demanded the fee for Morgan.

Pay the money the players cost.

"we have no restrictions to spend"
Moshiri in March

Weird innit.

Fans slate us for limiting our spending, then when we may have to spend huge to get a player the manager clearly wants, they're not having it...

I'm in exactly the same boat as you MG.

But, I don't think we'll go above £40m for him (and that will be inclusive of add ons etc)

Ok, heres a question to all those who think we should walk away.

Why? Why are you happy to spend 30m on him, yet you think 50m is too much? What factor does the extra 20m make to you, as a fan? It is of course my way of saying "its not your money", but honestly, can somebody answer this simple question, why does paying an extra 20m matter?
It's not that it matters as such, just that we all have opinions on what we want. I'm reasonably content for us to bring in Martina on a free, but I would have been sick to the stomach if we'd offered £20m for him in January. Same principle really, it's not my £20m either way, but I have my thoughts on what is and isn't good business.

We may have no restrictions to spend MG but that doesn't mean we should be spending ultra record fees on anyone.

Yes, it's not our dough and yes as moshiri said, Monopoly money but we still have a fisical responsibilty here.

We set an awful precedent spending 50 on him as every man and their club will be expecting mega fees from us in the future.

Every man and their club will be rinsing us anyway, we cant demand BIG fees for the players we sell and expect there to be no knock on effect.

Iceland is Swanseas best player, we wont be trying to steal somebodys best player everytime, sometimes we will be after players that are available.

Don't agree with you unfortunately mate. We still have limits to what we can spend. FFP and all that Damo-gasm jazz.

I really like Gylfi and hope we sign him but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Well the line is 50m innit.

Thats the line.

We have no FFP issues to be concerned with, trust me bruh.

Every man and their club will be rinsing us anyway, we cant demand BIG fees for the players we sell and expect there to be no knock on effect.

Iceland is Swanseas best player, we wont be trying to steal somebodys best player everytime, sometimes we will be after players that are available.

True that MG and at the end of the day, all our moaning on the internet doesn't matter one carrot.

If the gaffer wants him and the club can see sense in spending the money, the Gaffer will get what he desires.

Just think we should be going about this a different way. And that being, SWERVE.

Lol, in the bin please mate.

Barkley was superb in the 2nd half of the season. Garbage for most of the first but then who wasn't? Probably just Gueye tbh
He was better in the second half of the season but nowhere near superb.My problem with him is his consistancy, i can't think of many games or any games against the top six that he turned up for,never mind being superb in

Ok, heres a question to all those who think we should walk away.

Why? Why are you happy to spend 30m on him, yet you think 50m is too much? What factor does the extra 20m make to you, as a fan? It is of course my way of saying "its not your money", but honestly, can somebody answer this simple question, why does paying an extra 20m matter?

We might need that extra money for a Giroud level striker.

True that MG and at the end of the day, all our moaning on the internet doesn't matter one carrot.

If the gaffer wants him and the club can see sense in spending the money, the Gaffer will get what he desires.

Just think we should be going about this a different way. And that being, SWERVE.

I would have already signed Ghezzal personally C.

Oh, is it?

Didnt know that.

Still seems steep, esp if Ross stays.

Almost certain Ross is off myself.

But that changes daily.

We might need that extra money for a Giroud level striker.

No restrictions to spend macca lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back