Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be the height of stupidity spending 50m on an almost 28 year year old Sigurdsson. Just pay Barkley what he wants and buy Lanzini. Then a couple of fullbacks and we would be done.

I'm not even that fussed about Giroud. Very good player but I have high hopes for Sandro and we now already have Rooney as the senior citizen striker and DCL as backup.

Just a hypothetical.

Let's say we get Gylfi, and he costs £45m as mooted.

What if he's the player that is the difference between us getting top four or not, or us winning a trophy or not.

Is it worth it then?

Give them £60m, tell them to keep the change.

I just wanna see us get our targets in. Players who we as a club have identified to do a job, pay what it takes and see how the managers/DOF's system comes together.

Just a hypothetical.

What if he's the player that is the difference between us getting top four or not, or us winning a trophy or not.

Is it worth it then?

I think we are all just used to bargain basement buys mate. Its going to take at least 3 more transfer windows before I'm used to Everton spending £50m on a player.

Very true mate and I agree with your logic. Personally I think Swansea are trying it on because they know we are loaded.

And because they don't want to sell their best player.

But he wants out. Just like Williams did last year.

And they tried to play hardball then.

I think we may here more about this from Joyce/Hunter etc later on tonight, or this week at least.

I don't think a deal will be struck this week though.

Anything over 35 and I will be very very disappointed...

Exactly the sort of behaviour we generally lash the reds for, over paying massively for a bang average player

And because they don't want to sell their best player.

But he wants out. Just like Williams did last year.

And they tried to play hardball then.

I think we may here more about this from Joyce/Hunter etc later on tonight, or this week at least.

I don't think a deal will be struck this week though.

Defo think there will be some Embargoes later with all the press around Goodison today.

Still think this will be done this week myself and no, he wont cost 50m.

I think we are all just used to bargain basement buys mate. Its going to take at least 3 more transfer windows before I'm used to Everton spending £50m on a player.

Don't get me wrong mate, I don't think we should pay £50m for Gylfi.

But if we did, I won't be arsed, as we'll have got a player that the manager wants and will have improved the side.

I'd be equally as happy if we didn't spend that and instead Ross signed a new deal.

In a perfect world, we get Gylfi for £35m and Ross stays. It isn't beyond the realms of feasibility, though I acknowledge it seems unlikely.

Just a hypothetical.

Is it worth it then?
Of course but he won't be and I'm a big fan of his.

1. He's not much better than Barkley IF at all. I don't think overall he is although he is in certain areas.
2. He doesn't bring something we don't already have. We need pace and player that can beat a man one on one. Without that we won't be able to open up teams. We will be left hitting cross after cross into Giroud/Sandro/Rooney/Klassen.
3. Being good for Swansea and Iceland is no guarantee he will be good for a team further up the table.
4. 50m........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back