Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
150k I think.
Then he's not leaving for a pay cut

Someone like James is a pipe dream for now, but I can't be arsed lashing £50m on a fella who takes good free kicks.

Seems like basic negotiating, I imagine the actual fee will be around £35-40m

It would be the height of stupidity spending 50m on an almost 28 year year old Sigurdsson. Just pay Barkley what he wants and buy Lanzini. Then a couple of fullbacks and we would be done.

I'm not even that fussed about Giroud. Very good player but I have high hopes for Sandro and we now already have Rooney as the senior citizen striker and DCL as backup.

No, let's not do that.

I agree with you that Barkley probably shades Sigurdsson in terms of ability, but is he a winner? I see a player who oozes class, but always looks 80% fit, often lacks concentration. Then there's the constant rumours of his lifestyle (which I have no idea if true!!!!). Koeman sees him daily. He knows a winner like a tailor knows your size at 100 metres. If Koeman has identified Sigurdsson as someone he wants & Moshiri is happy to deliver, then who are we to argue?

Are you saying he's fat and likes the lady boys?

Oh boy. Sign him up!!!

Don't agree with you unfortunately mate. We still have limits to what we can spend. FFP and all that Damo-gasm jazz.

I really like Gylfi and hope we sign him but you have to draw the line somewhere.

FFP isn't really a big problem.... With TV money and fictitious sponsorship deals all the other big clubs in England seem to do alright....

Is Sigurdsson worth 50m?, of course not.... But he is a quality player, better than Barkley last season.....we'll eventually sign him, but probably for around 38-40m (with possible add-ons)... We'll certainly won't be paying €50m for a player who failed at Spurs

He needs to go on strike

Let's all boycot buying pot noodles from Iceland.

No more shopping at Iceland.

Nobody shall visit Iceland so they can see the northern lights.

Never ever listen to turbonegro....even though they are Norwegian but still

Do not vote for Iceland in the Eurovision til gylfi signs for us.

If Leicester have really had a bid worth 40m rejected it is time to move on. He is a very good player but he is worth that to us
I reckon that was made up by Swansea to put the pressure on, personally.
Don't seem to recall seeing any reports about it apart from today. Conveniently in the article which said they were sticking a price of £50m on him.

if we have to spend more than 30m lets move on.

doesnt look like anyone is keen to buy barkley at the moment anyway.

spend the money on giroud and a new top class cb.

There must be better attacking options playing in Spain for us to spend £50m on?! Sigurdsson isn't worth much more than half of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back