Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation from a fan that is stateside. I feel like many supporters are far too caught up with the prices being spent on players these days. Friends, this is just a sign of the times. Prices are outrageous in every sport b/c TV contracts with these sports are so insane. Paul Millsap, a "good" NBA player, just got 3 years/90mil. That is crazy. But with how much these teams make in sports across the board, these numbers have come completely inflated with the times. 50mil in 2017 is 20mil in 2013. I think we as fans should focus on how these players improve the squad. There is no salary cap. Signing one player would not inhibit us from going after others. So if Koeman thinks Sigurdsson is the player he needs and Moshiri is willing to spend the dough, why should we complain about how much was spent? Just my opinion, probably wrong.
Just an observation from a fan from Walton Vale, I care how Everton manage their finances, Moshiri has money yes, but he doesn't have a tea towel on his head which means the money has a limit,

Therefore I want us to spend that money wisely.

Not sure he starts many games which probably messes with his stats, but every time I've seen him he's looked class.

Just opinions really! I also would love us to eventually replace Baines with Monreal, probably on my own there too! (ok maybe not, he's 31, but still rate him)

giphy.gif

He was better in the second half of the season but nowhere near superb.My problem with him is his consistancy, i can't think of many games or any games against the top six that he turned up for,never mind being superb in

Both derbies he was shocking no question. Arsenal home, spurs away, united away, City at home he was one of if not our best player on the day.

Definitely needs to work on upping his game against the better teams but then Everton in general needs to get better against the better teams.

for me anything over 30 mill we need to walk away considering Bernardo Silva at 22 went to city for 43 mill .this is where walsh should be earning his money looking for alternatives

I agree with this, Swansea are within their rights to ask top dollar, but I suspect that they are waiting for him to slap in a request and waive his loyalty bonus or whatever they call it. If they genuinely rate him at £50m then they are going to have to up his wages in line with the price tag, so it looks to me as though one way or the other Siggi will be off. The whole transfer business is a fascinating game of brinkmanship, bluff and counter bluff, but it's great to be shafting rather than shafted, or in Withnail parlance the stone rather than the sponge.

He needs to go on strike

Let's all boycot buying pot noodles from Iceland.

No more shopping at Iceland.

Nobody shall visit Iceland so they can see the northern lights.

Never ever listen to turbonegro....even though they are Norwegian but still

Do not vote for Iceland in the Eurovision til gylfi signs for us.
Go on strike in the close season.....ye that'll work :oops:

Gylfi covers on average 1km per game more than Ross & does more pressing/tracking back. Ross has edge in open play and dribbles. Gylfi in set pieces and defensive/team play. Koeman clearly feels Gylfi is a better fit for his style. He's probably right. That does not mean Ross does not have qualities we need but he's not going to be happy in a rotation, off the bench with us. Maybe at a CL club without hometown hero status. As for Gylfi the assists & goals matter but so does his fitness, pressing.

I don't really like comparing his and Ross' open play stats because they play in completely different teams. It's a nonsense set of stats to analyse. Different strikers making/not making runs etc.

"Unwilling to be pushed around"? Eh? What pushing around have we done exactly?

We may have made an enquiry but that's what you do if you're interested in signing a player no? There's hardly been a public media unsettling job Chelsea style to my knowledge.

Haven't seen a single quote from anyone at the club saying we want the player either.

Calm down Swansea ffs.

He was one of the few creative outlets in a cack side, so that's going to muddy the stats

But he wasn't at Spurs, and was still a very dangerous and creative player. It's a myth that he failed there.

He's a very good player. Probably better than Barkley currently though if I had to pick between one of them, I'd pick Ross (contract situation notwithstanding).

Just an observation from a fan from Walton Vale, I care how Everton manage their finances, Moshiri has money yes, but he doesn't have a tea towel on his head which means the money has a limit,

Therefore I want us to spend that money wisely.

No restrictions to spend.

He might not "have a tea towel on his head", but he part owns a company worth over 20bn pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back