Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea are gash and if they are going to sell him, they will need to spend the dosh sharpish or they will get relagated.

yeah, there's a lot of rumours about chelsea buying llorente as well. i've heard he has a £19m release clause or something. mental move by chelsea if so, but swansea are as good as gone if both leave.

Money has flooded into the league not just to Everton and there is no point comparing previous prices with today's prices. Teams can afford to turn down what would have been taken hand and all before.

It's like doubling everyone's wages and expecting the price of a pint to stay the same.

50m now is more like 20m a few seasons ago.

My sentiments precisely.

Haha !

One of the reasons that you're one of the most entertaining posters on here is that you have absolutely no shame and will happily contradict yourself purely to wind folk up. I'm merely exercising my civic duty to demonstrate to people that, most of the time, you talk complete bubbles and shouldn't be taken too seriously !

You misunderstand me mate. Dave's a fan of Sigurdsson. The point I was making is that when Dave thought we had no chance of signing him he played the "He'll never sign for Koeman" line, but, as soon as it looked like it was possible we might sign them, then he ditched that argument in favour of the "we'll overpay for him".

As I've said before, dave's like a politician and will cleverly move the goalposts when he think no-ones watching ! Fair play to him, he's very good at it !
He is very entertaining alright! He writes very well and I thoroughly enjoy his contributions. But, as you say, they're not to be taken seriously...

In the past, Sigurdsson has repeatedly said how happy and content he is at Swansea. And fair dos for such loyalty. He probably appreciates that if he leaves the ship, it'll sink .
Old fashioned loyalty. you don't see much if that these days

Haha !

One of the reasons that you're one of the most entertaining posters on here is that you have absolutely no shame and will happily contradict yourself purely to wind folk up. I'm merely exercising my civic duty to demonstrate to people that, most of the time, you talk complete bubbles and shouldn't be taken too seriously !

You misunderstand me mate. Dave's a fan of Sigurdsson. The point I was making is that when Dave thought we had no chance of signing him he played the "He'll never sign for Koeman" line, but, as soon as it looked like it was possible we might sign them, then he ditched that argument in favour of the "we'll overpay for him".

As I've said before, dave's like a politician and will cleverly move the goalposts when he think no-ones watching ! Fair play to him, he's very good at it !

Ironically, much like Swansea seem to be doing on Gylfi's valuation...

Would rather send my time in the dentists.
I just got home from a day of work which included a lunchtime trip to the dentist! I was eating a pork chop last night and lost a filling. But then I chomped down on the bloody thing and a bit of the tooth underneath chipped!! What a cluster****! Expensive too!

Well thats the problem we will face now, we demanded 50m for Stones, we got 47m, we demanded 100m for Rom, we got 100m, we have demanded 50m for Ross.

Its not up to you or me anyway, its up to the Board and the manager, if the manager says "I want him, whatever the cost", we will pay it.

Who go to top clubs at a young age with great potential. When we punt the dross, we punt em for decent fees.

We're paying over the odds for players none of the top clubs would touch, at the wrong end of 20, with zero resale.

Seem to remember another club who stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season asking for unrealistic amounts of money for one of their players last season. We made a good offer, an offer that would have enabled them to strengthen but they kept the player didn't being in any decent new additions and finished bottom. That same club wouldn't getting anything like what we were offering last season.

£50 million isn't based upon any objective valuation. It's just looking at what we got from Rom and wanting a massive chunk of it. If that's how they want to play it, they are entitled to. But we really shouldn't be doing any business with them. Take our business elsewhere. They will keep him, fail to strengthen and be relegated next season.

Not sure when you turned into a Diet Davek, but you are much, much better than this.

Cease.

Bah

Rooney (United). Rodwell (City). Stones (City). Fellaini (United). Lukaku (United). Barkley (Spurs? Arsenal?).

Sigurdsson has two choices. Leicester or Us. And Leicester will be scrapping relegation next season IMO (taps nose).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back