Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't sign gylfi in this window and it does not pan out with ross, we will be left with a big hole in the middle of the park and no one to fill it ?
FFS we have some superb grounds men that fill in all types of holes.
Have you never seen them in action at half time
If you meant in regards to playing staff I reckon Koeman Walsh and Moshiri know what they are doing.
The window still has 7/8 weeks to run
Let there be no panic.
There's always room for a good deadline day signing
Remember last summer .........oh wait bad example but you know what I mean

Not really sure why Swansea are apparently all angry over this.

SCFC: We want 30m for Siggurdson.

EFC: How about 27?

SCFC: Okay, now it's 40.

EFC: Thoughts on 32?

SCFC: SCREW YOU, 50!

We haven't helped ourselves with their valuation of him. The moment he was seen as a Barkley replacement and all the stat comparisons started between the two they became linked as the same type of player.
With our problems getting Barkley to sign a new contract the club decided to talk about him being sold on and what was the magic figure we bandied about him costing to other clubs?.....£50m
So if Barkley is worth £50m then Swansea think that Gylfi is too.

FFS we have some superb grounds men that fill in all types of holes.
Have you never seen them in action at half time
If you meant in regards to playing staff I reckon Koeman Walsh and Moshiri know what they are doing.
The window still has 7/8 weeks to run
Let there be no panic.
There's always room for a good deadline day signing
Remember last summer .........oh wait bad example but you know what I mean
The prices of players of gylfi's quality will only rise

We haven't helped ourselves with their valuation of him. The moment he was seen as a Barkley replacement and all the stat comparisons started between the two they became linked as the same type of player.
With our problems getting Barkley to sign a new contract the club decided to talk about him being sold on and what was the magic figure we bandied about him costing to other clubs?.....£50m
So if Barkley is worth £50m then Swansea think that Gylfi is too.

Oh for sure, and they know we're minted so are within their rights to ask for whatever they want. He only just signed another contract too.

Nobody is doing anything wrong here, the game is the game. Assume the whole "angry Swansea" thing is just them trying to look dead hard for the fans.

Seem to remember another club who stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season asking for unrealistic amounts of money for one of their players last season. We made a good offer, an offer that would have enabled them to strengthen but they kept the player didn't being in any decent new additions and finished bottom. That same club wouldn't getting anything like what we were offering last season.

£50 million isn't based upon any objective valuation. It's just looking at what we got from Rom and wanting a massive chunk of it. If that's how they want to play it, they are entitled to. But we really shouldn't be doing any business with them. Take our business elsewhere. They will keep him, fail to strengthen and be relegated next season.
In Swanseas position they need better players, if we paid them £35 million that would get 3 decent players that would help them to stay up next season, Sigurdsson won't keep do
Good deal IMO
I was sort of joking but actually Niasse would probably get a few goals for them like he did at hull, Mcarthey if fit would be very useful for them too.

Agree on this, but even thou CL isnt sucess if we get that and dont win anything I will take it but obviously I would rather have the league cup and come 7th again

Yeh, with the amount of money spent, the bar will be set a bit higher, clearly.

But if we sign one player for X amount, it doesn't mean we MUST win a trophy.

A weird thing to say when we have won f all for 22 years.

Morgan is 28 this year. Wasn't a fan of paying the same fee United bought him for two season prior. We'll see if he stays fit too.

Bolasie is 28. Blew his knee out. Nuff said.

Sigurdsson turning 28. £50million.

The argument was about us asking for over inflated fees when selling players. Yet there's a reason.
Right every 28 year old blows their knee out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back