Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

So thats Willian, who has scored less goals and provided less assists in the last 2 season than Iceland did last season.

Interesting.

Not sure he starts many games which probably messes with his stats, but every time I've seen him he's looked class.

Just opinions really! I also would love us to eventually replace Baines with Monreal, probably on my own there too! (ok maybe not, he's 31, but still rate him)

Last edited:
Unless we buy someone like Giroud to play up front then I wouldn't put much credence in his assist stats from last season. Aiming his crosses at Llorente is going to be a lot more successful than aiming crosses at any of our current forward options.

For someone who doesn't really do much other than take set pieces and cross the ball a lot, £50 million is far too much.

Just an observation from a fan that is stateside. I feel like many supporters are far too caught up with the prices being spent on players these days. Friends, this is just a sign of the times. Prices are outrageous in every sport b/c TV contracts with these sports are so insane. Paul Millsap, a "good" NBA player, just got 3 years/90mil. That is crazy. But with how much these teams make in sports across the board, these numbers have come completely inflated with the times. 50mil in 2017 is 20mil in 2013. I think we as fans should focus on how these players improve the squad. There is no salary cap. Signing one player would not inhibit us from going after others. So if Koeman thinks Sigurdsson is the player he needs and Moshiri is willing to spend the dough, why should we complain about how much was spent? Just my opinion, probably wrong.

for me anything over 30 mill we need to walk away considering Bernardo Silva at 22 went to city for 43 mill .this is where walsh should be earning his money looking for alternatives

P-Joyce is doing the retweeting.

IMG_4405.webp

Unless we buy someone like Giroud to play up front then I wouldn't put much credence in his assist stats from last season. Aiming his crosses at Llorente is going to be a lot more successful than aiming crosses at any of our current forward options.

For someone who doesn't really do much other than take set pieces and cross the ball a lot, £50 million is far too much.
Do you really believe that statement?

Whether a player wants to stay or leave a club means nothing in regards to their ability. People are saying Sigurrdson is definitively a better player than Ross, which IMO isn't true, regardless of which one wants to be here

Ross is good at us and he'll be good away from us

Mike whether Ross is better than Sigurdsson is subjective as some people will say yes and others say no. The point I am trying to make is that if Ross does not want to play for Everton then we need to move him on.

Personally I hope he does sign but if he don't we can't keep dwelling on it because it doesn't matter how good he is if he isn't here.

That said, we shouldn't pay 50m for Sigurdsson. Not because he ain't worth it in today's market, (let's be fair they'll get relegated without him, and what's relegation worth?)

I know this wasn't your point at all but I think you just explained why he costs so much. It makes a lot more sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back