Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may have no restrictions to spend MG but that doesn't mean we should be spending ultra record fees on anyone.

Yes, it's not our dough and yes as moshiri said, Monopoly money but we still have a fisical responsibilty here.

We set an awful precedent spending 50 on him as every man and their club will be expecting mega fees from us in the future.
It will boost our NET SPEND though

We might need that extra money for a Giroud level striker.

Maybe, maybe not.

I personally don't feel we will spend £50m on Sigurdsson. He ain't worth it.

But, if we are really desperate to get him in, then we will do so no matter the cost. We've proved that already this off season.

But yeh, if we're going to spend £50m+ this window, you'd like to think it's on a real quality player that's a step above what we have now and would really make people take notice.

Sigurdsson, Giroud etc wouldn't really do that.

But, they would both improve the side and that's what I care about. So let's see what happens.

If Koeman thinks we should spend 50 million on him then he needs to be drug tested

Koeman has made it clear he's not involved in contact talks.

I agree with you that Barkley probably shades Sigurdsson in terms of ability, but is he a winner? I see a player who oozes class, but always looks 80% fit, often lacks concentration. Then there's the constant rumours of his lifestyle (which I have no idea if true!!!!). Koeman sees him daily. He knows a winner like a tailor knows your size at 100 metres. If Koeman has identified Sigurdsson as someone he wants & Moshiri is happy to deliver, then who are we to argue?

He was better in the second half of the season but nowhere near superb.My problem with him is his consistancy, i can't think of many games or any games against the top six that he turned up for,never mind being superb in
Depends what you're expecting of him really.

I thought he was absolutely outstanding away at Spurs, but in the sense that he used the ball well, created space, kept working etc, rather than single handedly running the game and peppering their goal with shots. It was a proper midfielders performance, which I rate a lot higher than just scoring a worldy every now and again. I also thought he was good at Old Trafford around the same time, he was a constant threat and the game changed dramatically when he went off.

Don't be ridiculous

He's nowhere near that good

He's a decent player that takes a good free kick

I could just about stomach him at 30 million when inflation is taken into account, but 50 million is ludicrous

If Liverpool bought him for that much we'd wet ourselves laughing

Me and @toffeejack debunked this silly theory earlier Mikey.

He was worth 23 goals to Swansea last season - 10 goals, 13 assists. In a torrid side.

Less than half of those were from set pieces

Oh I know that mate, I'm trying to say that's what £50m gets you.

yeh I agree - £50m should get you a player of that quality.

£30-35m should be - in the current market - what gets you a Gylfi.

But, we've just got £90m for Lukaku. It's a crazy world.

James Rodriguez is available for £50m allegedly. 5x the player Sigurdsson is.

62m, you ring Mendes up and ask for us mate.

Don't be ridiculous

I could just about stomach him at 30 million when inflation is taken into account, but 50 million is ludicrous

Oh Mikey, stop worrying what people will think.

9 goals and 13 assists in a side that scored 45 goals, hes worth 30 goals MIN in a proper team.

Pay it and move on.

Anyone comparing transfers fees to any that took place prior to 2015 need to find the nearest bin and hop in

That said, we shouldn't pay 50m for Sigurdsson. Not because he ain't worth it in today's market, (let's be fair they'll get relegated without him, and what's relegation worth?), but because we've got a top class attacking mid who will go on to be world class if Ronny wanted him to.

Swerve Siggy, pay Ross

Don't be ridiculous

I'm intrigued how someone can rate Leigh Griffiths but not Gylfi Siguurdson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back