Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will see the best of him until we play him in his correct position and get a focus for our attack.
He didn't stop being a player when he crossed the Welsh border, we made him a bad player.
We need to play players in their correct position and stop simply getting names on a team sheet.

I don't think we will see the best of him until we play him in his correct position and get a focus for our attack.
He didn't stop being a player when he crossed the Welsh border, we made him a bad player.
We need to play players in their correct position and stop simply getting names on a team sheet.
I don't think anyone is expecting him to be at his best in our current situation, just seeing him show some inclination towards actually taking some responsibility would be a start

Kinda saying stop making excuses for a player who cost that much

Regardless of the fee, which everyone knew was at least £15m too high but went ahead anyway, players' performances are always affected by those around them. Sigurdsson is especially that kind of player. If and when things start coming good, I'll be amazed if this guy isn't at the centre of it.

Regardless of the fee, which everyone knew was at least £15m too high but went ahead anyway, players' performances are always affected by those around them. Sigurdsson is especially that kind of player. If and when things start coming good, I'll be amazed if this guy isn't at the centre of it.

I agree with that point but it's just me adjusting from Barkley and Lukaku to setpiece football having spent so much.

He's still a coward of a footballer though. Absolutely petrified of touching the ball.

He can throw a good ball in the box on a set piece, we just don't have a threat in the box to read it and attack the ball.
We should sign someone like leonardo Ulloa or Salomon Rondon in January.
Assuming the likes of Giroud are beyond us for now

He has been back to his best in terms of whipping dangerous balls frequently from set pieces the past few games. Otherwise, he has been very mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back