Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did I say no 10? By which I assume you mean an attacking midfielder?

No, a centre mid to run the game. Take responsibility and be the playmaker. Keep possession, link defence and attack.

Gylfi can't do that no matter what number you make him.

Fair point. Quite often there is no obvious outlet from defence to midfield. Vlasic seems to be decent at getting forward with the ball and trying to make things happen around the box but we just dont play him enough. This seems strange as he has been one of our better players.
We should be looking for replacements for Jagielka, Williams and Baines asap and of course a big bruiser of a CF.
We are well stocked in midfield for now.

Perhaps a new manager and/or a spell on the sidelines is needed. He's a good player currently looking absolutely horrible. He can't really be starting games on current form.

Is this lad ever going to be given a start in the No. 10 role?

It’s bordering on criminal the abuse he’s taking given Koeman & Unsworth have both asked him to play the flanks.

If you have a proven International & PL league player in your ranks, use the guy where he can most likely influence the game.

I’m completely baffled by his use to date.

I hope whoever comes in gives him the chance in his proper position.

You can't fault his effort though. Works really hard. His fortunes will change, then if you add the goals/ assists to thst work rate, everyone will waxing lyrical again.

Just needs to get some confidence back. But you cannot fault his work rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back