Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him and Rooney are class footballers but just with no pace. If Allardyce can get a system which keeps both of them in the middle then Siggurdson can be a good player for us. Tracking opposition right backs though is not his game.

As you said no pace but, at least he's trying, which is more than can be said for a couple of players dropped from the team.

His ablity to keep the ball in tight areas (he did this 4/5 times in the game) helped massively.

I thought he did his job last night, just lacked attackers around him.

..I saw a few signs, especially in the first half, that we might have a player on our hands who can make a difference to games. I feel we need to fully exploit his skill set by playing him in a more central role.

Excellent under the radar performance last night. Growing in confidence
This what he(& we) need. Some game time in a position he's comfortable in. Let his confidence grow. He doesn't have to be the best player on the pitch every game. Just needs to make a contribution in most games he plays in. After that I'm hoping the 'performances' follow.
Not been his biggest advocate, but hoping he's turning things round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back