Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe he should have been involved in a lot fewer because he isn't close to as productive as Sigurdsson.

Look, if you don't like his style, fine. But that doesn't make him bad.

No, it makes him distinctly average.

The whole idea in buying him was that he'd add more to our game and offer what we don't have.

I'm not seeing that and I don't think I will. I don't think our side would be less if he didn't play for example.

People are just over exaggerating every shin bobble or flick as some kind of great play. Where as compared to Rooney who actively gets involved in a number if positions, people lay into him.

A finished Rooney is still on another level to peak age Siggurdson. And we paid £45mill for that.

Maybe I just want more.

No, it makes him distinctly average.

The whole idea in buying him was that he'd add more to our game and offer what we don't have.

I'm not seeing that and I don't think I will. I don't think our side would be less if he didn't play for example.

People are just over exaggerating every shin bobble or flick as some kind of great play. Where as compared to Rooney who actively gets involved in a number if positions, people lay into him.

A finished Rooney is still on another level to peak age Siggurdson. And we paid £45mill for that.

Maybe I just want more.
You need to wildy reduce the amout of drugs youre taking.

The lad is a player.

Needs time, support and confidence of players around him.
Hopefully we will say the same about Sandro and Klaassen in time. Think BFS is the type to get the most out of players who haven't been a good fit so far, he did brilliantly with Anelka and Diouf at Bolton.

We will bring in a big centre forward in January who can battle in the air and Siggy sil be tasked with hitting him on the head with crosses. This will be enough to beat most Premiership sides but won't be good enough to get us into Europe or win a cup. We will be back to security and Kenwright will be happy.

Does Paul Pogba play brilliantly for 90 mins, every game?
No.
So stop judging Sig with a crazy barometer.
He needs to be scoring, assisting or doing a Pienaar (assisting the assister). That's his role. A role he has executed very well in the last two games.
"But it was only WH and Huddersfield".
See point above about Pogba and have a little think.
On the whole he's been poor this season, but there have been signs over the last month that he has been improving. Maybe the stigma of the price tag weighed heavily on him, who knows?. But let's hope he carries on as there's no doubt he's a quality player when on form. Maybe Allardyce can bring the best out of him. Lets hope so because the thought of wasting £45m in him just doesn't sit well with me.

Best accolade I can give him is that I'm considering putting him back into my FL team.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back