Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two wingers against that shower and we would have been burned alive.

Depends how you look at it mate..

We might have actually got up the pitch and held the ball and actually stopped their full backs from being camped in our own half . It was a defeat I'm my eyes anyway before the game so I would have at least had a go at them. I know we got a point but we got very lucky and deserved to be battered , I'm not complaining but 21% possession is the lowest I have ever seen. We will never beat them if we don't try to, and the two wingers theory of being battered ? We actually looked better when Lennon was on as Rooney wasn't playing there somits only the Kev for niasse that is different . I would have even started Kev up top if needed. I don't rate Kev that much but he always turns up against them and that's the reason I would have selected him.

We might have actually got up the pitch and held the ball and actually stopped their full backs from being camped in our own half . It was a defeat I'm my eyes anyway before the game so I would have at least had a go at them. I know we got a point but we got very lucky and deserved to be battered , I'm not complaining but 21% possession is the lowest I have ever seen. We will never beat them if we don't try to, and the two wingers theory of being battered ? We actually looked better when Lennon was on as Rooney wasn't playing there somits only the Kev for niasse that is different . I would have even started Kev up top if needed. I don't rate Kev that much but he always turns up against them and that's the reason I would have selected him.

We'd have been hammered.

Talking 6 or 7 lad. It could have been 3 or 4 as it was.

Our attack isn't good enough - even with two wingers on - to cause them issues.

Btw, we started with two strikers. We just sat too deep and our play on the ball was poor.

The tactics were right. We didn't play into L'Pool's hands. The only thing that played into L'Pool's hands because we were so crap on the ball.

We'd have been hammered.

Btw, we started with two strikers. We just sat too deep and our play on the ball was poor.

The tactics were right. We didn't play into L'Pool's hands. The only thing that played into L'Pool's hands because we were so crap on the ball.

Indeed, Toff.

Pickford's distribution is usually outstanding but yesterday he gave Oumar and DCL no chance to put any pressure on due to the poor quality of his kick outs, most of which went sailing into touch and gave the possession back to the RS.

We'd have been hammered.

Lennon played second half anyway... so the only change would have been mirralas for niasse... niasse is a terrible player and Kev always turns up.. I'm not saying I would have been throwing everyone forward. But I think not having Rooney on the wing and having Kev instead of niasse would have at least given us more of an out ball. Even when the ball finds niasse he cannot control , hold , or pass it . Kev isn't the quickest but he's got more pace than niasse and has a habbit of notching against th RS. Hence I would have played him instead of niasse .

Defeat in your eyes before the game? Well bloody good job you’re not our manager or we’d never have got that point (:

Lennon played second half anyway... so the only change would have been mirralas for niasse... niasse is a terrible player and Kev always turns up.. I'm not saying I would have been throwing everyone forward. But I think not having Rooney on the wing and having Kev instead of niasse would have at least given us more of an out ball. Even when the ball finds niasse he cannot control , hold , or pass it . Kev isn't the quickest but he's got more pace than niasse and has a habbit of notching against th RS. Hence I would have played him instead of niasse .

Niasse has been playing well and Kev has been abysmal.

We played 4-2-3-1 with two wingers at Southampton and lost 4-1.

He’s a big step up from Barkley. Siggy is a team player, Barkley is not.
image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back