Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how you look at it mate..

We might have actually got up the pitch and held the ball and actually stopped their full backs from being camped in our own half . It was a defeat I'm my eyes anyway before the game so I would have at least had a go at them. I know we got a point but we got very lucky and deserved to be battered , I'm not complaining but 21% possession is the lowest I have ever seen. We will never beat them if we don't try to, and the two wingers theory of being battered ? We actually looked better when Lennon was on as Rooney wasn't playing there somits only the Kev for niasse that is different . I would have even started Kev up top if needed. I don't rate Kev that much but he always turns up against them and that's the reason I would have selected him.
Inter Milan had 8% possession at the Nou Camp in 2010 and went through to the champions league final. Got to accept when a team is better than you. The only way we were getting anything out of that game was sitting deep and riding our luck which we did.

Defeat in your eyes before the game? Well bloody good job you’re not our manager or we’d never have got that point :)

You cant tell me you actually thought we wouldn't have got anything before the game. And my attitude was have nothing to lose so might as well give it a go

Inter Milan had 8% possession at the Nou Camp in 2010 and went through to the champions league final. Got to accept when a team is better than you. The only way we were getting anything out of that game was sitting deep and riding our luck which we did.

Hahahaha that's a typo that surely. I remember Celtic beating Barca with 11% possession a few years ago but I thought that was the lowest ever.

I remember that. Inter were down to 10 men if I recall right? Lost 1-0 on the night but went through on aggregate. It was an absolute masterclass in the art of defending and frustrating an opponent. Weirdly I find that game of chess quite entertaining. Yet that inter team could take opponents apart too.

As a skill set I think it as an absolute must that any team can play that way. I am not advocating it as a default setting but there are times to shut up shop. Which was Martinez' downfall for us.

Lennon played second half anyway... so the only change would have been mirralas for niasse... niasse is a terrible player and Kev always turns up.. I'm not saying I would have been throwing everyone forward. But I think not having Rooney on the wing and having Kev instead of niasse would have at least given us more of an out ball. Even when the ball finds niasse he cannot control , hold , or pass it . Kev isn't the quickest but he's got more pace than niasse and has a habbit of notching against th RS. Hence I would have played him instead of niasse .

He has scored against them once in the 3-3 draw which was 4 years ago.

In what way does "Kev always turn up"??

Niasse is easily as fast as Mirallas.

I remember that. Inter were down to 10 men if I recall right? Lost 1-0 on the night but went through on aggregate. It was an absolute masterclass in the art of defending and frustrating an opponent. Weirdly I find that game of chess quite entertaining. Yet that inter team could take opponents apart too.

As a skill set I think it as an absolute must that any team can play that way. I am not advocating it as a default setting but there are times to shut up shop. Which was Martinez' downfall for us.

Tbh I found it quite good watching us defend properly on Sunday. Watching an Everton team executing a plan at Anfield (even if it was a spoiling one) is better than watching us getting hit for 4 in complete disarray.

He beat the Championship's Andre Wisdom a few times in the first half one game before he went off injured mate, don't forget.

Suarez crocked him in that game (and tried the same on Distin) but they swept it under the carpet the moaned about Mirallas’ retribution tackle for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back