2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wish we had two Lennons for our occasion against Liverpool because Sigurdsson had very few opportunities to get involved. I think he should have sat that one out, but no harm done in hindsight.

I kinda wish we had two Lennons for our occasion against Liverpool because Sigurdsson had very few opportunities to get involved. I think he should have sat that one out, but no harm done in hindsight.
Did well enough, but still had to play out wide. Very average pace and defo not his position at all tbh.

You can see how uncomfortable he is doing so much defensive work but fair play to him he's sticking at it and still trying to make a difference when in possession.

Not sure he is uncomfortable doing it. I think its a part of his value to us. For Swansea he was always in the top 10 in the league for distance covered and whenever I've seen him for Iceland he sits deeper and works his socks off.

Thought he was fantastic tonight. His link up play with Rooney was very good and you can see the quality in his set pieces.

He's looking more and more comfortable.

Still not hitting anywhere near the heights he should be, but hopefully now we're not looking relegation threatened, we'll see him produce more.

Some really good combinations with Rooney, it's starting to click.

He started the move for our goal with a great tackle as well, having tracked back 40 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back