Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he can score 10 goals this season. DCL can get 10. Rooney can get 20. Just need other players to pitch in too. Maybe Davies can get a goal or two, Bolasie too, and Niasse will easily score another 5 if he's given 10-15 games to play some part in. That's still not enough goals mind you.
Couple from Coleman in the New Year plus whoever we get in to be the main striker

Watching Spurs vs. City, noticed that Eriksson was also playing a wide midfield type role which limited him quite a lot. One key challenge for Sam once we get through this early gritty period is how to get the most out of Sigurdsson the way Spurs do with Eriksson when they are on the front foot.

totally different players, sadly.

V4Rp9m7kQPOioylUnZ1VEA.png

Gylfi made 3309 passes, creating a goal every 61 passes.

Eriksen made 5659 passes, creating a goal every 104 passes.

That's 41.5% less passes creating the same amount of goals.

In those 3 seasons:

Gylfi created 27 assists & 201 chances, 122 passes per assist & 16.5 passes per chance created.

Eriksen created 30 assists & 308 chances,188 passes per assist & 18.5 passes per chance created.

They're hardly totally different players, Gylfi is just much more effective & overall better.

Gets abit tedious people putting players down who are contributing though, if he was doing nothing then fair enough but he’s winning us games at the moment.

He was doing nothing when he first joined. I watched him dead closely at the Arsenal game for example and he simply wasn't working. Obviously he wasn't the only one, but i'm not sure any praise could be thrown at him at that point. Commenting on how it really wasn't working for him at that point is natural no?

I'm sure we are all happy he's turning it around.

He's getting better all the time. I won't lie, I didn't know too much about him before he signed, and was wondering what all the fuss was about, but he's starting to impress me, and has certainly got a moment of magic in him.
My man of the match last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back