Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan
light-kit-spin-2.gif

That analysis was destroyed in about 5 minutes. Please.

So let me get this straight. The guy hardly makes a bad touch all night, buries a screamer to give us the lead, covers down for Martina for 90 minutes, gives DCL a layup, puts every set piece right on the money, and people are still saying he stinks?
Was it? All I saw was timak totally slap you down with facts and stats

Fact - he scored a fantastic goal which effectively won us the match.
Stats - We won 3 -1.

Anything else you'd like to add?
Anyone can do it against the worst side in the league, he's yet to do anything against a half decent side, its not unreasonable to expect him to do so

Anyone can do it against the worst side in the league, he's yet to do anything against a half decent side, its not unreasonable to expect him to do so
OK - have a nice day and try to enjoy, if only fleetingly, a win for Everton that takes us further up the table.
Or you could continue to criticise one of our goal scorers if that makes you happy.

Lovely goal, really top-drawer. He needs however, to have bigger imprint on general proceedings - he should be our out and out #10 : at present he's a little 'minister without portfolio'-like

Lovely goal, really top-drawer. He needs however, to have bigger imprint on general proceedings - he should be our out and out #10 : at present he's a little 'minister without portfolio'-like

I feel like a broken record here but did he not score that goal last night from the inside left position?

There's an absolute obsession to get him playing in the number 10 role, like that's going to transform the players around him and make them more capable of playing the football that will allow him to thrive.

I can't understand how people don't see his ability to play that role in the way Artera/Pienaar did but to even better effect with his crossing.

Big test against Chelsea, let's see if he finally steps up against a side that's not one of the worst in the league

Bit harsh. It'll probably be the way Barkley and Lukaku never 'stepped it up' in these games because they're left either isolated or with average players around them.

I feel like a broken record here but did he not score that goal last night from the inside left position?

There's an absolute obsession to get him playing in the number 10 role, like that's going to transform the players around him and make them more capable of playing the football that will allow him to thrive.

I can't understand how people don't see his ability to play that role in the way Artera/Pienaar did but to even better effect with his crossing ability.
Didn't he play out on the left aswell for Swansea

Bit harsh. It'll probably be the way Barkley and Lukaku never 'stepped it up' in these games because they're left either isolated or with average players around them.
Even against mid table sides he's yet to impose. Whether he likes it or not he's the main man now, he should be running some of these games and far to often he's in hiding. Decent player but not anything special

I can't understand how people don't see his ability to play that role in the way Artera/Pienaar did but to even better effect with his crossing.
you might be right mate, football's not my main game so I don't like to bang on a semi-informed drum. But when I've seen him more centrally positioned, he seems to affect more play more positively/creatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back