2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we spent 45 mil on a player who needs us to spend even more on other players to make him look good

Well, he needs better than Martina, Calvert-Lewin and Lennon for a start. Given the players we have we probably could do with someone else in there who can beat 2/3 men and score a goal whilst being isolated. Sadly that's not going to happen...

That literally makes no sense.

Both Arteta and Pienaar had bad spells at different clubs before they came to us... Sigurdsson had a bad spell at Spurs which you were using as a reason to justify him being a bad player.

One poor season doesn't equal a bad player.

I reckon if it was Pienaar/Arteta who were in this Everton team right now instead of Sigurdsson you'd be calling them rat frauds too.

No, because both actually impacted the game by in artetas case; looking for the ball, taking control of the game and spreading the play; or, in pienaars case: picking up the ball and running players, coming inside and finding pockets of space and bringing others into it

Pienaar was always prepared to take the ball on and the responsibility, this fraud gylfi goes hiding

That's the worst part about it.

At least if Rooney or Barkley or even someone like Vlasic is struggling, they still go looking for the ball, they still want to be on the ball. This fella misplaces a pass and you don't see him for 10 minutes.

Don't get me startd on his set-pieces either.

No, because both actually impacted the game by in artetas case; looking for the ball, taking control of the game and spreading the play; or, in pienaars case: picking up the ball and running players, coming inside and finding pockets of space and bringing others into it

I saw plenty of Moyes away performances where Pienaar had absolutely no impact, exactly like Sigurdsson today.

When this team picks up in form and Sigurdsson still hasn't improved I'll gladly concede he's been a waste of time. I just can't believe people are judging him in the current set up in which we are starting with 8 defensive minded players against West Brom.

I saw plenty of Moyes away performances where Pienaar had absolutely no impact, exactly like Sigurdsson today.

When this team picks up in form and Sigurdsson still hasn't improved I'll gladly concede he's been a waste of time. I just can't believe people are judging him in the current set up in which we are starting with 8 defensive minded players against West Brom.

He did nothing at Spurs and nothing at Swansea apart from the odd freekick or corner

He never controlled a game and went into hiding during their tough games, then would throw a corner in and they’d score. The welsh mutants loved him for this

He’s garbage

Envisage the scenario when we the opposition penned back against the Gwladys Street with half an hour to go in a fully functioning attacking team and tell me having a player like Sigurdsson on the pitch wouldn't make a difference?

His ability to retain the ball in the final third, his goalscoring, his delivery from anywhere around the penalty area. He will be a brilliant asset for us with the right players around him and not the dross we currently have,

This is so spot on. People going to town on him are being way too harsh.Not his best game but wasn't terrible and had seriously very little to work with except a few 1-2s with Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back