Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to bench this utter waste of space.

haha, what would be the point? It's been the same all season, all us fans ask for a player to be benched and then the player that comes in is even worse and then the fans go "ah, this season would be different if [insert injured player's name here who was useless before] wasn't injured, can't wait for them to come back". Siggurdsson isn't the issue, we have about 5 or 6 issues at the moment. I don't understand what a player out of position with 9 defenders and a striker who can't score either side of him can actually do.

haha, what would be the point? It's been the same all season, all us fans ask for a player to be benched and then the player that comes in is even worse and then the fans go "ah, this season would be different if [insert injured player's name here who was useless before] wasn't injured, can't wait for them to come back". Siggurdsson isn't the issue, we have about 5 or 6 issues at the moment. I don't understand what a player out of position with 9 defenders and a striker who can't score either side of him can actually do.
He's an utter non entity in our attack. He doesn't even try to get involved. I'd much rather see Lookman or Vlasic try and do something than watch this coward hide for 90 minutes.

He's an utter non entity in our attack. He doesn't even try to get involved. I'd much rather see Lookman or Vlasic try and do something than watch this coward hide for 90 minutes.

he definitely doesn't hide. I'd much rather vlasic and lookman play either side of him, but for some reason that seems too hard for an everton manager to do. He's not a wide player, but we have much bigger problems than him, believe me.

Gylfi is not our problem. Most of the time when we look threatening (not many times this game) it goes through Siggurdsson. He´s also forced to play so much defense in this team. Even he, who can run seemingly for ever, was exhausted at the end. It does not help either that we play endless terrible high balls, that never meet their mark. If we had players that could play the ball on ground, we would see more attacking build up.

Gylfi is not our problem. Most of the time when we look threatening (not many times this game) it goes through Siggurdsson. He´s also forced to play so much defense in this team. Even he, who can run seemingly for ever, was exhausted at the end. It does not help either that we play endless terrible high balls, that never meet their mark. If we had players that could play the ball on ground, we would see more attacking build up.
I have to agree with you. We do need ball at the feet. Will we see this with a Alladyce team though?

Agree. Sigurdsson is not the issue. He does need to step up more for us BUT every time he looks up there isn't a striker to thread a pass to or cross into and its no surprise that he looks his best when linking with Rooney.

He at least tries even if he isn't in the game, the main problem is further behind him and our lack of posssion retention. Rooney has to start deeper as they are the two that look capable of linking up. He should have taken that chance first time but in fairness it was the only time he was fed in a dangerous position.

Never been that type of player, he accents play and needs others to work off of, generally...like Leighton. We have zero partnerships on the field, particularly in the final third.
We have no real coherent attacking strategy in the middle or the final third and haven't for a fairly lengthy period now - it's ad hoc and laborious.

This is not a criticism at Gylfi or in fact the manager Sam, as it's happened for a while now, but in the mainstay our build up play is very slow.

Neither do players read each other's game or know the nuances of their play or style so the play breaks down, whereas other teams flow together.

You could say it's a lack of unity, pace or width (or a combination of both) however I feel we really do not have an identify or clear style.

We have no real coherent attacking strategy in the middle or the final third and haven't for a fairly lengthy period now - it's ad hoc and laborious.

This is not a criticism at Gylfi or in fact the manager Sam, as it's happened for a while now, but in the mainstay our build up play is very slow.

Neither do players read each other's game or know the nuances of their play or style so the play breaks down, whereas other teams flow together.

You could say it's a lack of unity, pace or width (or a combination of both) however I feel we really do not have an identify or clear style.

This is crucial...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back